need help. crispy leaves?

• Thread starter DonHaze91
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DonHaze91

DonHaze91

sorry the pics are not very good i need a new camera. just started seeing these leaves dry and crispy looks like it starts at the tips and works its way in, it is only on 1 of 4 plants and only seems to be on onse side of the plant. Temps 69-80 rel humidity 30-50%, promix HP in 7 gal fabric pots. i just moved them from my veg to the flower room a few days ago just for more light, looking to flip in a week or so as long as this isnt a real problem. i use a local nutrient line quickgrow nutrient im told its pretty much the same as advanced. did a heavy feeding at 1300ppm and then a heavy water with just a little calmag , fulvic acid and "enzyme complete" just noticed it the day after the watering but i havent really been going over the plants so not sure how long it has been there for.

Need help crispy leaves
Need help crispy leaves 2
DonHaze91

DonHaze91

i feel like i should know what this is lol is it nitrogen toxicity looks like some of them are starting to get that curl and the leaves are pretty dark

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

sorry the pics are not very good i need a new camera. just started seeing these leaves dry and crispy looks like it starts at the tips and works its way in, it is only on 1 of 4 plants and only seems to be on onse side of the plant. Temps 69-80 rel humidity 30-50%, promix HP in 7 gal fabric pots. i just moved them from my veg to the flower room a few days ago just for more light, looking to flip in a week or so as long as this isnt a real problem. i use a local nutrient line quickgrow nutrient im told its pretty much the same as advanced. did a heavy feeding at 1300ppm and then a heavy water with just a little calmag , fulvic acid and "enzyme complete" just noticed it the day after the watering but i havent really been going over the plants so not sure how long it has been there for.
id say 1300 is off the chart for those at that stage maybe 750,i would water only next couple feeds

DonHaze91

DonHaze91

thats kind of what i was leaning towards. they are pretty big plants and i have done like 1000-1100 before with no problems when they were that big on my last round, i figured maybe they could make use of a little more. guess i was wrong, will do 2 waters and then flip in to flower there isnt really that much damage and im guessing it wont really get much worse so long as i just water.

DonHaze91

DonHaze91

i only see it on a couple branches on the one plant out of four, all the same from clone

DonHaze91

DonHaze91

the two in the picture were the worst leaves, there was probably a dozen more medium to large size fan leaves affected but it seemed to be only on the tip.

DonHaze91

DonHaze91

tell ya i wouldnt even be at 1300 at harvest hahahah,im surprised but ot,this plant is a tough son bitch at times then finicky as hell others hahah
ok i think the feeding schedule calls for 900+ after 6 weeks of veg and then flower starts around 1000 in first week and up to 1400. nutrient line is quick grow nutrients its made locally im told its very similar to advanced. my last crop with this same strain did amazing never got any burn but i didnt do the heavy feed in last week of veg was just a little experiment i guess i wanted to see if it could take more.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

the heavy feed was 5 days ago i beleive and i gave it some water yesterday. just watering a couple times is good or you think i should flush?
by just feeding water you are flushing ,the right way in soil,not drenching it,but mending it by letting it fix itself,i would expect a few more leaves like that,but when you screw up in soil it takes about 3 days to get full issue,it could take water for a couple more feeds unless you notice it is ready for feed,one thing for sure i wouldnt flip to flower until your sure your good to go,right were you are id be running max 850 on a 500 scale,ive found 750 to 900 is pretty good for trsnsition to flower,there gonna stretch too if you dig that more stress so dont over dose um ,about 3 weeks in you can start bumping up the feed if you want ,but healthy is what i look for not frosted flakes and force feeding ,just saying

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

ok i think the feeding schedule calls for 900+ after 6 weeks of veg and then flower starts around 1000 in first week and up to 1400. nutrient line is quick grow nutrients its made locally im told its very similar to advanced. my last crop with this same strain did amazing never got any burn but i didnt do the heavy feed in last week of veg was just a little experiment i guess i wanted to see if it could take more.
your plants bro,you asked i gave my story,all in your hands as the allstate insurance guy says hahahah

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Well there's your problem! stop following feeding schedules for best results, good luck!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Well there's your problem! stop following feeding schedules for best results, good luck!
thats what im talking bout,you go by those joker recomendations your set for disaster,they dont even take in account some folks pay up to 150 bucks for one seed and also that some really nice strains can go to 16 weeks,see what we mean,last but most important,dont go buy a feed schedule at all feed when it needs it and what it wants,you keep going at that rate your gonna find
disaster and a hell of headache right around 4 weeks in flower and there isnt any turning back that late in the game if you dig.
they sell product and want to sell more and more ,over 2/3rds the stuff that come in a nutrient line is just useless crap bro,but they got your money,even if you never buy it again they got your money and just wait for the next feller to roll on up to the store if you dig,i dont buy nutrients ,this grow i decided i would give them a shot,i got humbolt a&b and golden tree,never even heard of it,just bought it and some kellog garden soil ,never used it,wanted to go just like a newb,im burn out growing,so switch it up and start back to basic kinda thing,i dont even know how old my plants are,my wife feed them for first time when i was i hospital and they are doing great,the more you jack with them the more they buck it seems,this is really a learning curve for my queen and she got some nice looking plants i got to say,she keeps asking when do i feed ,i say how heavy are they,leave them alone if the weight isnt right on your scale

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i took one of these pots weigh it dry and full,then transplanted a solo cup full of baby in them weigh again and watered completly in,split down the middle and wrote that weight on the feed chart that came with nutes,told her when you hit that middle number water them,when you water them look at plant,are the baby,early veg,veg and so on,showed her how to work a ph pen and ppm meter,said go by this list i posted above for you,she has and this is the outcome of just letting u go,more times than not all our problems come from in patience wanting to see fast growth and fast smoke to have,right

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

thats what im talking bout,you go by those joker recomendations your set for disaster,they dont even take in account some folks pay up to 150 bucks for one seed and also that some really nice strains can go to 16 weeks,see what we mean,last but most important,dont go buy a feed schedule at all feed when it needs it and what it wants,you keep going at that rate your gonna findView attachment 913335 disaster and a hell of headache right around 4 weeks in flower and there isnt any turning back that late in the game if you dig.
they sell product and want to sell more and more ,over 2/3rds the stuff that come in a nutrient line is just useless crap bro,but they got your money,even if you never buy it again they got your money and just wait for the next feller to roll on up to the store if you dig,i dont buy nutrients ,this grow i decided i would give them a shot,i got humbolt a&b and golden tree,never even heard of it,just bought it and some kellog garden soil ,never used it,wanted to go just like a newb,im burn out growing,so switch it up and start back to basic kinda thing,i dont even know how old my plants are,my wife feed them for first time when i was i hospital and they are doing great,the more you jack with them the more they buck it seems,this is really a learning curve for my queen and she got some nice looking plants i got to say,she keeps asking when do i feed ,i say how heavy are they,leave them alone if the weight isnt right on your scale
Some pretty ladies there bro.

Lotsa truth in here about nutes. Fancy labels with miracle articles on the bottles of promises of unicorns don't grow plants. Recommendations are guidelines. If you were rocking 1500+ ppfd on a light with CO2 you may get closer to recommendations. But you have to feed based on your grow.

Top Bottom