Need help deciding on diy system

• Thread starter SRHninja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SRHninja

I started a thread in grow room design and set up you may wanna read it because i have pix of the closet and it talks more about my budget and etc.... heres the link plz reply here if its about the hydro system specifically the other thread is more general

Ill be using a 1,000 watt hps system i have never done dro before but with the right guidance theirs nothing i cant do. (yes i read the faqs and threads)

i have a $1300 budget that includes lights, seeds, intake/carb filter, hydro system meters etc....

I was thinking 5 DWC single buckets but i expect the room to be hot. What i liked about DWC was the fact in herriss tech he says you dont have to obsess with pH well Garden of Dreams opened my mind to the formula of wattage verses plants = less time more plants=same weight

I just need some one to help me pick the best system that will deliver me a maximum yield, easy to operate and keep up.. also help me understand how the system works i have a decent budget and i have a above average dedication..

first grow will be from seed to flower... then i will be just flowing clones after my first harvest

thx guys

S

SRHninja

doorviewwideangle.jpg
Lookin_In_the_door_from_outside.jpg
Inlooking_out_door.jpg
Lookin_In_the_door_from_outside.jpg

I'd say 6ft long 4 ft in and 4 1/2 ft high

also from what im reading/learning im going to want to scrog this grow aswell to get the bigger yield im looking for so im lookin for something that will coincide with that set up

S

SRHninja

Can i do a scrog ebb and flow grow with this space?

Looks real easy to design a ebb and flow table how many plants can i grow from seed and flower on a table? will it limit my yield as to doing DWC?

Ebbnflow
B

been

If heat's a concern but you want to run hydro then E&F will be your best option. I would avoid the screen unless you leave yourself an out for pulling males. As far as numbers n junk, it really just depends on the genetics your working with and so many other factors. Sky's the limit bro!

L

Lost

That pic needs a layer of hydroton under the blocks in my opinion. Thats how I used to run them.

Anyway, get your lights and nutes. Let us know how much $$ you have after that. I reccommend the entire H&G Aquaflakes line. Yes you need the roots excelurator! 70 bucks but it will last forever.

Thats 400. A 1k hps is 250, and a magnum XXL 6 inch hood is 250 as well. You need a fan for the Magnum hood thats 120. Build your own ebb and flow tables, you can even use the under bed storage bins as flood tabkes. A rubbermaid for a res, hydroton, 8 inch cubes, ebb and flow fittings a timer, top feed kit (build your own at home depot), and clones, your at 1321.57.. lol

B

bdawgburner

Things go downhill a lot faster in DWC than E&F but its not much harder. If you can keep your water temps in check and check your ph a couple times a day you'll be fine.

Top Bottom