Need help deciding what lights to buy.

• Thread starter Cashmeh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Currently in a 2x4 using tsl 2000.

I'm building a 6 bucket Aero top feed system. Dunno how big I will make it yet, I have all the room I need atm.

I want quick harvests with multiple strains. I'll flower them at day 35 from seed. I don't know how big they will get honestly being I want short veg times.
Im contemplating a 4x8 or 5x10.

The only light I have is the tsl 2000. I am thinking I'll need two long lights. Was Contemplating just buying 2 more tsl2000s. At 250 a pop they seem to do well. But idk... What do you recommend? I can max out at 700.. But id prefer under 500.

Last question... Should I just go with the big metal halids that I'll need to cool. I got 500-700$ for lights for a 4x8..led or no?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I got an hlg 550 rspec and its fucking awesome.bigger denser and more frosty and terpy nugs for less electricity. It penetrates deeper into the canopy too giving better quality lower nugs. It's supposed to be to replace a 1000w hps but it's better than any hps.alot more expensive to though but the extra money is made up with lower electricity usage. There needs to be about 1 meter space between the light and canopy though so a bit of height is needed.if you have a 2m tall space and keep your plants at a meter or less you should be fine.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Viperspectra 600w 2 cycle reflector is a good light for a 4x4 they make higher watt lights for bigger grows, $150 delivered, if u have cash and r growing photoperid plants black dog or California light works make some fine lights, if cash is tight and growing photoperid plants check out spider farmer, if growing autoflowers buy the viperspectra bc they need blue light in veg. I dont like mars hydro but thats me.

20191228 182511
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Viperspectra 600w 2 cycle reflector is a good light for a 4x4 they make higher watt lights for bigger grows, $150 delivered, if u have cash and r growing photoperid plants black dog or California light works make some fine lights, if cash is tight and growing photoperiod plants check out spider farmer, if growing autoflowers buy the viperspectra bc they need blue light in veg. I dont like mars hydro but thats me.

So its gonna be a 4x8, or slightly bigger. You saying I could get 2 of those for 300?? I searched them. . and they are cheap lol. . .

Anyone else have suggestions for a 4x8 grow light? Led or the other route? I dont think I can get ballasts and lights for 300 if I dont go led. Idk tho.

Brendanpre

Brendanpre

If you don't mind ordering from China, via Alibaba, there are quite few guys using Kingbrite. Most are very happy with them at the price. They also have a choice of diodes for most of their models...

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
So its gonna be a 4x8, or slightly bigger. You saying I could get 2 of those for 300?? I searched them. . and they are cheap lol. . .

Anyone else have suggestions for a 4x8 grow light? Led or the other route? I dont think I can get ballasts and lights for 300 if I dont go led. Idk tho.
Check alibaba.com they have some amazing lights at a fraction of the cost. I’ve heard great things about kingbrite LED which have everything the name brands have and like I said before many ppl are running them and love them. I just picked up a kingbrite 240 watt quantum board with meanwell drivers and it was like 130 but since it’s from China I paid like 50-60$ in shipping. Still only a couple hundred bucks still tho. Research them and you will see many ppl talking about them. Good luck!!

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

So it seems as in I dont have enough money for the good led lights id want in a 4x8 tent. So im going to just do a 4x4 tent, with this .. . or something similar?

Can I buy these parts seperate and it be cheaper? Is this a good kit lol?

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I would just go for more TSL 2000 or a bunch of TS1000 for even more flexibility

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I would just go for more TSL 2000 or a bunch of TS1000 for even more flexibility

The tsl is 250$ and rated for a 2x4, this 1k mh and hps are rated for 5x5s . . and its cheaper. I get the flexibility, and long term goal. Yet as for now performance on a budget, to produce max in a short time, I feel there i have to ditch leds. Now if I had a grand to spend on a 4x8, of course id go leds, id just buy 2 good ones lol. .Which I plan on doing one day. Max I can have is 3 4x4s. . . i just wanna get some boom going lol. My tents will be side by side, I wanna do some comparisons with different hydro setups and light setups.

My 4x8 is going to be split in two, so kit seems like it will be overkill, unlike leds I would get for this same price.

taxle

taxle

Rspec for flowering, bspec for veg, even tho the bspec does about the same flowering as the rspec. I know I veg under the bspec's and will not use anything else. Very pleased with the hlg 550s.

Top Bottom