Need help diagnosing issue

• Thread starter PhenoMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhenoMan

PhenoMan

Hi all,

I’ve been growing (legally) now for around a year and have been relatively lucky so far.

I have a plant that’s around a month old that’s having white spots show up on the leaves.

I immediately thought it’s spider mites but I can’t really find any, there’s no webs either. Here is a picture of a leaf that I removed. If anyone can help that would be amazing. I’ve searched for days on what else it could be as well. Doesn’t really look like PM either?
Need help diagnosing issue

Last edited:
PhenoMan

PhenoMan

- Started from seed
- 6 weeks
- 1 gal smart pots
- Seed starter soil on top, FF Ocean Forest at bottom 1/3 of pot
- Water PH'd to 6.5-6.8, usually every other day or more if needed
- No ferts yet
- Have misted for 2 weeks, have not misted for the last week
- Lights: ES180 @ 24 inches
- 3x3 Tent
- 22 C - Humidity 50%
- I found a small spider but was not a mite, was way too big.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Are you talking about #1 or 2? I can't tell if 2 is the white dots of which you speak or a camera reflection? a whole plant picture might help

Screenshot 20191130 004021 Gallery

also why r u misting? You're inviting fungus/mold issues in my opinion when you spray a healthy plant for no reason

Ph to 6.5 for best results

PhenoMan

PhenoMan

w
Are you talking about #1 or 2? I can't tell if 2 is the white dots of which you speak or a camera reflection? a whole plant picture might help

View attachment 915647

also why r u misting? You're inviting fungus/mold issues in my opinion when you spray a healthy plant for no reason

Ph to 6.5 for best results

Hey, I was misting to raise the humidity as it was very low at the time. #2 is white dots and #1 is damage of some type as well.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

My reasons for not misting healthy plants are reiterated. I'd start light feeding now, will take a second look in a few hours after coffee

Does that white stuff wipe off? Is it fuzzy? can you tell us anything else about that white stuff on that one leaf? Is it on many leaves?

Edit: looks like powdery mildew (PM) stop misting! Never mist a healthy plant! (write it down).

I've never dealt with p.m. but maybe I can steer you to somebody who has
Screenshot 20191130 034719 Google
Screenshot 20191130 035521 Google

I use Bodine liquid copper fungicide to control fungal issues and it's also highly recommended for pm.

I've heard of other cures including milk, baking soda, in fact I've used baking soda with marginal results, 1 tablespoon to a gallon if you want to try spraying it (Here is when you spray plants, only when they're sick or have issues) I'm not sure of the ratio of milk per gallon

the copper fungicide is the real, it knocked septoria out in two or three applications and I imagine it will do the same with the p.m., but now that it's there you going to have to read up on how to control, minimize and stop it

Last edited:
PhenoMan

PhenoMan

Thank you very much for your time and the info, really appreciate it.

Cheers!

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

i wouldn't thought PM. what's your rh?

i was going to request jewelers loop shot, but beachy, showed u... it's been years, since i fought that battle so i couldn't say for sure. what's your light cycle? i might have said cmag, for the other spots, but it doesn't look like transition/general translation fade. they're so green, i wouldn't think micro deficiencies, but i dunno.
i hope beachgrow, gotcha fixed up. u might do better, to continue to post, daily pics... far as help... til u resolve it. it also leaves hope and a fantastic example trail of crumbs n ground up beds, 4 others to follow.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

and if u have a macro setting on ur cell- use it, enlarge it, scrren shot it n post that, too...

PhenoMan

PhenoMan

and if u have a macro setting on ur cell- use it, enlarge it, scrren shot it n post that, too...
I removed the one leaf that I took the picture of above. I honestly don’t see much else or anything new, I’ll continue to take pictures every other day or so.

I just got a 100-1000x wifi microscope on a Black Friday sale. Tomorrow I’ll take some clips of the leaves.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

and the following day, you'll return it because... well, you'll see. mine, collects dust. i can get similar shots, under macro, with a cell.
the scope, is likely to crush subjects, before giving you enough of a lazer beam, to see. our subjects just aren't lab flat so... 100x, i think it is, was my limit of bud viewing (yes... and leaf, etc). anything flat- no problem, but these cheaper scopes... ya get whatcha pay for.
i do hope yours is just plain better & ya got a good deal. for me... ever seen Gilligan's island? same thing.

PhenoMan

PhenoMan

and the following day, you'll return it because... well, you'll see. mine, collects dust. i can get similar shots, under macro, with a cell.
the scope, is likely to crush subjects, before giving you enough of a lazer beam, to see. our subjects just aren't lab flat so... 100x, i think it is, was my limit of bud viewing (yes... and leaf, etc). anything flat- no problem, but these cheaper scopes... ya get whatcha pay for.
i do hope yours is just plain better & ya got a good deal. for me... ever seen Gilligan's island? same thing.

Seems ok so far but it is a challenge to get a good shot. It’s way better than my jewellers magnifier that’s for sure.

09AE17C1 3E76 4807 B37F 10245ED450D9
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

this was the best, from the "college lab" scope, i got suckered into. i tried usin 2000 flashlights, to do better: nada.

it did help me realize it isn't Lebanese blonde ur lookin at, on the funnel filter, after an oil run, though. leaf wise, when one looks up various trichome stages... i could see it all. like hairy legs n deflated, trich spikes. ummm... but if u look up a thc molecule- i could see, in the filter, it was the waxy, support structure, for the real goods.

and that looks like it was prolly mom's dry ice kief.

looks premature, actually. bet it was that cbd, culling i didn't know what to do with ... unflushed n all.

20191022 130951
Top Bottom