Need Help Diagnosing Plant Problem. Yellow Leaves, Brown Tips, The Claw.

• Thread starter Lord Xenu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lord Xenu

Lord Xenu

What's going on everybody,

I'm on my first grow and I need some help diagnosing problems with my 2 plants. The pictures below show the bottom fan leaves turning yellow at the tip, which works its way down the leaf, then the tip of the leaf begins to turn brown.

The upper most fan leaves on the Blue Dream plant also has "the claw" where the tip points downwards as well. Both symptoms have been going on since the 3rd week of vegetation or so. The plants are in their 1st week of flowering.

Been searching online for explanations to the symptoms, but these symptoms overlap with a couple problems. So it becomes unclear which problem the plant is actually experiencing. I might be overwatering, not sure. I'm a newbie so any advice would be great.

Thanks for any advice or help!

Left plant: Barney's LSD
Right Plant: HSO Blue Dreams
They're in 5 gal pots and roots original soil. Using GO nutrient line at half dosages (5ml/1tsp per gal). I feed every 4-5 days or so and alternate between nutes each time. Using RO water.

Need help diagnosing plant problem yellow leaves brown tips the claw

Need help diagnosing plant problem yellow leaves brown tips the claw 2
Need help diagnosing plant problem yellow leaves brown tips the claw 3
Need help diagnosing plant problem yellow leaves brown tips the claw 4

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Looks like low Temps on the droop.
What's your light situation?
Daytime temps?night time temps?
PH of water/nutes?I've already answered this question on the lower leaves yellowing.have u searched through the sites search engine yet?it really is good

Lord Xenu

Lord Xenu

Looks like low Temps on the droop.
What's your light situation?
Daytime temps?night time temps?
PH of water/nutes?I've already answered this question on the lower leaves yellowing.have u searched through the sites search engine yet?it really is good
What's going on Thunderfudge,

I have searched the forums but probably not well enough. I'll definitely look for your post.

My day temp is 82F, nighttime is 65-70F. It's gets really cold where I live. Using a 400w HPS lamp. PH is 6.5 or so. The soil takes a long time to dry on the BD plant. Not sure if it's overwatering or nutrient toxicity/deficiency.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

looks like over watering to me...those leaves are drooping like they have been watered too much...overwatering will cause some deficiencies ...

but i dont see any of the symptoms you describe in your title to this post....reading your title would be a sure sign of over fert, but the pics dont show it, just looks like over watering....the first pic you posted of the lower leaf is a P def and a N def...probably from over watering leaching out nutes and changing up ph

Swell

Swell

Lord Xenu,

Try foliar spraying with something that contains Nitrogen.

Per the GO feedchart make sure you double the BioThrive if the plants are heavy feeders

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I see overwatering and possible N toxicity. Make sure to let the pots completely dry out. You should see improvement as your soil dries.
Best of luck. Peace

Lord Xenu

Lord Xenu

Looks much more like N toxicity. Those leaves are dark green?

+++++Vibes
They don't look dark green to me, but I don't have much experience as far as what the leaves should look like. I read that tips pointed downward is a sign of N toxicity.

Lord Xenu

Lord Xenu

looks like over watering to me...those leaves are drooping like they have been watered too much...overwatering will cause some deficiencies ...

but i dont see any of the symptoms you describe in your title to this post....reading your title would be a sure sign of over fert, but the pics dont show it, just looks like over watering....the first pic you posted of the lower leaf is a P def and a N def...probably from over watering leaching out nutes and changing up ph
Ok, I'll lay off the water for a while. Thanks for the advice. How dry should thepot be before watering each time? Should I use nutrients each time as well?

Lord Xenu

Lord Xenu

Also, I it seems some people say it looks like N toxicity while others say N deficiency. Is there a way to rule out one or the other?

sun

sun

these 3 way meters are cheap , for moister ph and light . To me it looks like nitrogen deficiency caused by overwatering.
WIN 20150327 190448

showmegreen

showmegreen

Water less thar ol'boy. Do like Swell said an foliar spray. If yer waterin every four ta five days. Them thar ladies'er droun'in by tha roots. Water when tha bucket gits lite ta lift. An not any time sooner. Yer stopping their uptake of everthin. Tha claw.That's yer sign. You could throw all the nutes at'em an they still wouldn't fix. you try fillin yer gut with water an see how long it takes ta throw up. Them ladies can't so the shut down. Good luck an bless yer grow.

organix4207

organix4207

Over watering , I have one who looks the same. :(
I transplanted mine and have been letting her be. I've foliar fed mine a few times. Seems to help with the nutrient lockout from the over watering.

organix4207

organix4207

Like @sun said get a three way meter. They help , especially for checking ph and moisture levels at bottom of container. I have found airpots or fabric pots do the wet/dry cycle faster. Which in some cases is beneficial.

Lord Xenu

Lord Xenu

Like @sun said get a three way meter. They help , especially for checking ph and moisture levels at bottom of container. I have found airpots or fabric pots do the wet/dry cycle faster. Which in some cases is beneficial.
Awesome man, thanks for the advice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom