Need help diagnosing please

• Thread starter MrMackey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrMackey

MrMackey

Yo guys n girls I need some grown this skittles x og strain a couple times and this is the worst “look” I’ve had on them in veg it usually appears when I first flip it and goes away after a few weeks but it’s abit worse this time and showed up around 3rd week of veg

there under 600w mh lights about 18”-24” above room temps are 26c day 21c night humidity 50-65% min-max the ec is 1.2 total including 0.4 tap water ec when in1st pot the cuttings up and gradually increased to 1.6ec before flip ph is always 5.7-6.0

there in 2gal fabric pots with 70/30 coco perlite hand fed every day around 300-500ml enough so the pot feels abit lighter the Next day

starting to think I should water to run off and just not feed again until some degree of dry back is achieved?

On top of the weird looking leaves my roots are pretty poor :( used to be full of thick bristly white roots when I started out now days there thin not many of them and 50/50 white to like a stained browny orange colour

I use H&G roots excellurator and hydrogaurd and keep my res below 21c with a decent air stone bubbling at all times

any ideas guys I’m all ears?
Need help diagnosing please
Need help diagnosing please 2
Need help diagnosing please 3

MrMackey

MrMackey

Plant had just been sprayed with spinosad as I always do on flip day as part of my ipm but they don’t have pests currently I search for them regularly (once bitten twice shy)

MrMackey

MrMackey

Thanks crackers I actualy gave a 0.2
Ec of Epsom salt to the res I made on the day I flipped thinking it looked abit like that im sure I tried that before though sometimes it goes away and others it gets worse :S

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey mr m , a few suggestions besides the usual , I'd put that plant on pause button and wouldn't consider moving into flower , I think you stated that they look like that and when you flip to flower they straighten out , personally I would never run the risk with the notion that it will get better

Looks to me like that plant has had issues for a long time , not just the past 2 weeks or so , looks like all the older growth was also suffering ....

What medium are they in ?(oh I see , coco ) Could be a nutrient lockout or burn , but curious to know what and how you are feeding them ,
Also when a plant is weak or stressed for whatever reason , those powerful 600 hids will further stress from intense radiant heat ....

Are you too hot ?

I would raise a 600 up to 3 ft or more till the girls start feeling better .....

MrMackey

MrMackey

Thanks for the reply dire wolf, unfortunately they couldn’t wait any longer I have to keep my perpetual cycle going and I already delayed it almost a week they’ve been flipped 2days now I can take some pics tomorow there now under 750w gavitas but there a good 5-6’ away.
But in the veg room I can raise the lights up from the next batch and see if that helps! So basically I feed like this
0.4 ec tap water then silicon then calmag until 0.7 ec then advanced micro grow bloom 1:1:1 ratio until 1.5ec then 2.5ml/L of cannazyme and 0.3ml/L of roots excellurator and ph to 5.8 I hand water them about 250-500ml a day depending how much they drink the day before I never water to run off because the roots are always weak lately I don’t want to keep them soaked when they don’t drink much, however been thinking lately maybe I should
Water to run off then not water again for a few days or however long is needed for some dry back?

you are right tho they go in as perfect cuttings to 1l pots look good for about a week then start getting purple stems and petioles And droopy leaves with yellowing starting then I repot into 8l pots after about 2 weeks from the 1st pot they usually recover before I flip like 90% the time

they get fed the same recipe In 1l pots but diluted to 1.1/1.2ec total

I’ve tried feeding lower and they always look worse but 1.6 is the highest I’ve fed in veg so far they get 1.9ec during transition which there on now (sounds high I know) but there under gavita in a sealed room 900ppm co2 and when I tried much lower like 1.1-1.4ec all the way through veg and flower they really look like shit by about week 3/4 flower so gone back to the higher end and it’s an improvement but clearly something is still really not right

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey mr m , looks like you're doing a lot of the right .......and not much wrong , could be time for a new strain ? Have the others grown well throughout ?
Seems weird

MrMackey

MrMackey

Hey mr m , looks like you're doing a lot of the right .......and not much wrong , could be time for a new strain ? Have the others grown well throughout ?
Seems weird
It’s a real head banger right?! I’ve only had this strain 3 crops now and it’s so good don’t feel I’ve even had it’s true potential yet but all my strains have been giving me troubles for about a year now and I’ve tried soooo many things to list a few,
Added intake outtake fans once per hour for 5min incase of bad gas build up
Changed bulbs and hoods (This helped grow bigger bit roots stil bad)
Messed around with nutrients every which way there is
Tried higher and lower temps (23c day up to 29c day)

im currently trying 4 clones of 3 of my favourite strains in 6” rockwool cubes being fed from ro water with gh trio following the bottle and only using hydro guard and cannazyme with it and so far im very impressed (only 2weeks into veg atm so very early days) but they are looking promiseing compared to the coco ones I potted on the same day

Latest posts

Top Bottom