Need help diagnosing this plant

• Thread starter cheech
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cheech

Hi. I've had problems from the beginning with this plant, the white. A week ago I checked run off by putting 2 gallons of 1.4 ec through the 2.5 containers and it came out 1.6, so I ran more through until I got 1.4 ec. The next watering I gave them .8 and got them down to 1-1.1 ec.

I'm thinking now this is not nute burn and rather a mag problem? I sprayed them advanced cal mag solution.

Anyone have any ideas?

ph has been btw 5.0-6.0. 4k watts 1200 ppm 80 F 70 RH.

Need help diagnosing this plant
Need help diagnosing this plant 2
Need help diagnosing this plant 3
Need help diagnosing this plant 4
C

cheech

Last photo is a plant I fed 2.0 ec feed to yesterday to get a runoff of 1.8 ec, because I figured I didn't know if what I was seeing was nutrient burn, and since none of them had dark green foliage I thought it would be a good idea to feed one plant a higher ec to see if it bounced back.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Some appear to have Mg-, but not all. Not really enough info to make any good guesses as to how to stop, but in my experience Mg- are super easy to correct. Ca-, which again in my experience is easy to achieve with The White in coco coir, is more difficult. I don't like using combination Ca/Mg supplements, it's easier for me to use them separately from the getgo.

C

cheech

What do you think about me bringing the ec down to 1.0?

What kills me is I ran the mom white with my donks last round and it was picture perfect in 2.5 gallons of coco.... But it was being fed 1.6 ec for a good while. Was dark green and healthy, no supplementing of ca or mg. Now they are in 2.5 gal of rw and look like shit.

C

cheech

I don't want to up pot until I have this figured out, and I might resort to cutting them all down, but I said I'd give them 2 more weeks. I'm hoping the one I fed 2.0 ec will bounce back, and I'll know I was just under feeding them. They look much worse with the lights on.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Coco is completely different from rockwool, and I've never done rockwool. I've grown The White outside in soil and inside in coir.

Both Ca and Mg can be given via foliar, and if you give Mg and they green up then you've hit on part of the problem, which may be imbalance or deficiency.

C

cheech

Yea IDK. I cut them all down and am starting over. It could have been over watering, it could have been the ewc tea I gave them for some dumb ass reason. Thanks for the replies.

Top Bottom