Need help diagnosing what’s wrong with a few girls

• Thread starter Kopper1013
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kopper1013

Hey y’all I’m brand new to the growing game and could use a hand.

I’ve got a few girls going that have developed some spots. I’m thinking Magnesium deficiency but don’t wanna burn the tender little ladies. Two out of four have these dots.
Need help diagnosing whats wrong with a few girls
Need help diagnosing whats wrong with a few girls 2
Need help diagnosing whats wrong with a few girls 3

My setup for general information is a yehsence YE2000 LED light about a foot above the tallest foliage, they’re also sitting in a window. They’re planted in 6” pots with fox farm ocean forest potting soil. They’re drinking distilled water and have been fed twice in the past week with a seedling feeding (1tsp per gallon) of fox farm grow big liquid plant food. Light is on 18 and off 6 with a rotating fan run same schedule. Currently they’re indoors but plan to move outside in mid June into 25gallon pots.

Any information would be much appreciated as well as anything I should change from my current and future setup.

Thanks y’all in advance!!

jesterthejedi

jesterthejedi

Ocean forest already has nutes, I’d just be adding water and I’d let my tap water sit out at least a day, so the chlorine evaporates rather than give them distilled which won’t have any calcium or minerals in it. How dry is that soil? It appears too dry from the pics. Also how far is your light and is it dimmed?

K

Kopper1013

Thanks for the reply!

Light was about 12” away from the closest foliage at the time of pic. I just moved it to 16” and got it to 815 PPFD. The soil was dry in that pic, I watered Friday then went camping for the weekend and that was Sunday mid day when I got home.
We just had a good rain so I collected 6gallons of rain water assuming that’s best of all??
The girls have been in the ocean forest since 4/26 I was thinking (again this is my first go round) that I’d probably washed the nutrients out by now? At the end of next week they’ll be a month old, how long should I wait to feed them?

K

Kopper1013

Also the light is running 98% and has been since they were a week old.

Are they good in these pots till mid June? Mid June they’re going outside into 25gallon fabric pots with a mix of ocean forest, happy frog and coco-loco, should I pot up before then to something larger?

Thank you

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Looks like a nice grow you got going there. Should be fun.

I’m not a soil grower and I’ve never grown outdoors so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Those spots do not worry me. Just try to arrest any future deterioration. Could this be a ph issue? Distilled water has absolutely no buffering. Can you explain your watering a bit and if you are taking measurements anywhere of EC or PH?

K

Kopper1013

It could be a ph issue 🤷🏼‍♂️ I haven’t checked ph yet or figured out a way of doing that as a newbie.
I started out with a moisture meter (just the cheapy green one) and found with the fan running I had to pretty much water at the end of every day. Now I’ve been going off weight, I pick them up and rotate them every day and if they feel light I water them.

What system do y’all use for PH? Are you just testing the runoff with paper strips or a probe?

Thanks for your input

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Ph being off will impact nutrient uptake. You at least want to have a cheap ph and TDS pen on hand to start troubleshooting this. You can get a pair on Amazon for under $25.

K

Kopper1013

Just ordered a set😊 y’all just checking the runoff after you water?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Just ordered a set😊 y’all just checking the runoff after you water?
Exactly right. There is also something called a slurry test, search that term and it will bring you to answers from fellow soil growers.

Because you are using distilled water, PH will vary wildly with the smallest inputs. I'm going to bet that is your issue. Those pens will confirm.

K

Kopper1013

👍 great thanks I’ll be sure to post me readings tomorrow then maybe y’all can guide me through adjusting the ph to get back to good……really enjoying this website/Forum, reading every day y’all’s mastery

Thanks!!

K

Kopper1013

Hey y’all so here’s my reading
989B7831 78C1 44AA A866 8D194E900637
F52B6A6A C756 46CF A800 B39EA624D0AF

2CBDE8D5 2708 48F6 9DCB 3D0D2A471303
The readings are from the rain water I’m using
290817E3 DAA7 4BC1 86DD 36E5E0459502
This reading is from my runoff,
My lower leaves are really starting to yellow, what’s my next move to save these girls?

Amigrow

Amigrow

Hey y’all so here’s my reading
View attachment 1247366View attachment 1247365
View attachment 1247367The readings are from the rain water I’m using
View attachment 1247369This reading is from my runoff,
My lower leaves are really starting to yellow, what’s my next move to save these girls?
I’ve had that exact set and my ph was well off after just a few times of use I ended up getting a essential one get in most good stockiest and reads ph bang on every time

Top Bottom