need help dialing in nutrients

• Thread starter midnightrider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

midnightrider

hey farmers how goes it ,

i need your help dialing in the nutrients for a kush strain ,, this is first time kush and hoping i get a nute schedule from you because larrys waiting in the wing plus i want to do as much raskal gear as i can get .

its kandy kush (freebies) and its 4 wks into veg , until i get some pics up i know it will be best guess from experience .

gh 3 part , 6mil micro , 12mil grow , 3mil bloom and 10mil calmag per gal made the white spots at almost top of plant progress , so its currntly in flush mode ro/calmag -------- i plan on going 5mil per w/calmag at wk 4 nutes for my next attempt at dialing it in ,,,, thanks farmers im greatful for any and all replies

O

organicfreak

exactly what medium you in?
whats the ph?
whats the ppm's your feeding
whats ppms in the runoff?

O

organicfreak

also when I flush its straight r.o water or hose water... i get the ppms in the runoff 2 be same as the ppm's in the water I'm flushing with....
once flushed I feed with everything + calmag... 10ml will get you 200-225ppms calmag this may or may not be to high.. if you start with 5 and your seeing cal mag deficency then move it up to 10 ml... imho 4wks should be ok to hande it though...
o

BCrocker

BCrocker

Which CalMG product are you using as well? I believe some have different ratio's?

M

midnightrider

alright cool ,,,,,, soiless medium , using single waterfarm units in veg , then move to the 8 pack in flower

ph is 5.4 , its usually around 5.7 ... have 2 different meters read the same
ppm 975
botanicare calmag , been using it on white widow for say 5 or 6 above average grows, currently have 8 - 4 wk old girls going without a blemish although it took 2 grows to dial it in but i dont count those because they were average
i really dont want to take 2 grows to dial in the kush if ya know what i mean
soiless medium

lets see , if i go up in nutrients should i reduce on calmag ?.
is kush heavy feeder .
does it like a lot of calmag .

isnt there a guide somewhere that tells you the deficencies by what part of the plant it effects ? new leaves , old leaves , top , bottom , middle ?
anyone have that chart please help me out here.

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

If your plants are stilll in veg your torching them with that many ppms drop it to 300 to 400 max, imo 975 is higher then you even need in flower

MEGA956

MEGA956

//Why dont you just make your own super-soil and forget feeding them during veg.
Then just start at 900ppm during your first feed in flower and go from there. IMO

M

MMRC Grower

300-400 ppm is too low. Your in a good area as far as ppm is concerned. You might want to tone it down just a little bit. Maybe 700 ppm, depending on how big your plants are. If there over a foot, your ppm is close to perfect.

5.4 ph is a little low. You should aim to stick around 5.8, unless whatever Kush strain you have likes a more acidic growing medium.

You didnt mention what type of water your using. If your using tap water, then its probably already packed with a ton of calcium and magnesium and adding anymore will only cause you to start locking out other nutrients. CalMag is best used when running RO water, since RO water has all of the calcium and magnesium removed from it, so you need to add some back.

Also, what base nutrients are you running?? CalMag is only an additive. Your base nutrients should have calcium and magnesium already in them.

M

MMRC Grower

I missed that last paragraph up top.

I would go very lightly on the calmag. When I use it, I only add half of the lowest recommended amount. GH 3 part already has plenty in it.

M

midnightrider

yes , ive been considering a super soil as a test run , may do it here in the near future .

yeah mmrc , its ro water ,,, i got it dialed in for now at 240 ppm calmag at my wk 4 nute schedule ,, its exactly what the widow eats but i dont understand why it did what it did at its early stage of veg ... after i would try a different mix i would flush with 7 mil per gal calmag /ro water (which seemed to slow the discoloring down the most )if it didnt respond and finally when it got older it responded to what i feed the widow .

Latest posts

Top Bottom