Need help diqgnosing my plants

• Thread starter Toby4321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Toby4321

Toby4321

So my plant started to look not too healthy over the last week. Started yellowing, and browning. Any idea what I'm not doing right?

Need help diqgnosing my plants
Need help diqgnosing my plants 2
4plant

4plant

Are you checking ph/ ppm of inputs and runoff? Do the others look ok?

Toby4321

Toby4321

All have same soil. 4 look great, and 2 started browning this week. Did not feed them anything other water and molasses. I was thinking about adding some feed but am not sure if this might be a over watering problem or something else.

4plant

4plant

Could be overwatering, do you have Do you let the pots dry out 80% in between waterings? What light is on them?
Looks like an uptake problem, plants aren’t getting what they need but could be from a few issues.

Toby4321

Toby4321

600w merc, lamp. Had a batch with it last year, it gets hot but I vent it from bottom and top. The plants in question are on the sides so not as hot as the other. I'm thinking ab feeding them, but want to see if it might be overwatering. At this point what I ended up doing today is starting to dry them to see if it helps.

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

You need to post more info or people will just be guessing. Media, feed and water schedule at a minimum. Temps, humidity, lighting, age, etc could help also.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

What kind of medium are they in? Because it sucks if molasses is supposed to be the only additive and this is what you have. A mercury vapor light? For real? How many plants have you flowered under this thing?

Toby4321

Toby4321

You need to post more info or people will just be guessing. Media, feed and water schedule at a minimum. Temps, humidity, lighting, age, etc could help also.
Aprx 5 weeks old, all you plants are in basic potting soil with sand on top since I had an issue with the pesky little flies. I water aprx once a week depending on how dry they get. Light is merc 600w humidity is low temp cant say but it gets alot of fresh air def on the medium high side.

Toby4321

Toby4321

What kind of medium are they in? Because it sucks if molasses is supposed to be the only additive and this is what you have. A mercury vapor light? For real? How many plants have you flowered under this thing?
Flowered 6 last year this year I have 6 and have an issue with 2 of them. The other 4 are growing like Champs. Had an issue with the little asshole flies. Only think I got to work was adding sand on top of soil. The flies went away and now over the last couple of days 2 plants began to look like in the pictures. Yes so far I've only used molasses but got a batch or fertilizer ready to go. I didint use it yet because I was not sure if I over watered them. I'm thinking ab waiting a couple days to see if they come back on their own and then mabe adding some nutrients.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Flowered 6 last year this year I have 6 and have an issue with 2 of them. The other 4 are growing like Champs. Had an issue with the little asshole flies. Only think I got to work was adding sand on top of soil. The flies went away and now over the last couple of days 2 plants began to look like in the pictures. Yes so far I've only used molasses but got a batch or fertilizer ready to go. I didint use it yet because I was not sure if I over watered them. I'm thinking ab waiting a couple days to see if they come back on their own and then mabe adding some nutrients.
If they’re not in super soil you need to feed them.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Pics of all the plants showing placement in relation to the light?

They are hungry 100%. Once a week they prob not overwatered but you never know.

Are the 2 doing well under lesser amount of light? Like corners?

What soilnis it and how much of what are you feeding normally.

Don't feed molasses man. That's stuff for teas.

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

Just adding molasses is likely one of the underlying causes. It’s very acidic and while it does contain high levels of Ca, Mg, Fe, and K they don’t necessarily absorb well at low pH.
Sounds like you are into simple, cheap and effective so I cannot stress this enough. Order up GH FloraNova grow and bloom. I know many folks that kill it with that and that alone. It’s a true one part albeit during first 2 weeks after flip it’s common to go 50/50 w each at 1/2 strength. Believe me you will not find a simpler, cheaper and effective product.

Toby4321

Toby4321

Just adding molasses is likely one of the underlying causes. It’s very acidic and while it does contain high levels of Ca, Mg, Fe, and K they don’t necessarily absorb well at low pH.
Sounds like you are into simple, cheap and effective so I cannot stress this enough. Order up GH FloraNova grow and bloom. I know many folks that kill it with that and that alone. It’s a true one part albeit during first 2 weeks after flip it’s common to go 50/50 w each at 1/2 strength. Believe me you will not find a simpler, cheaper and effective product.
I used a 11-3-8 fertilizer last time. Do you think it would work?

Top Bottom