Need help fast>>>yellowing

• Thread starter dreday317
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dreday317

HEY GUYS IS THIS A N DEFICIENCY? BOTH PLANTS ARE DOING THE SAME THING ON THE BOTTOM MOVING TOWARD THE TOP HELP FAST PLEASE:sign0065:

Need help fastyellowing
altimood

altimood

If I had one guess based on that picture I would say root aphids.

D

dreday317

there 5g i use rose plant food 18-24-16 with molasses and kelp meal.....thanks everyone.....problem is still causing problems....i hope i dnt have bugs!!!!

D

dreday317

they are 28 days from seed i have three plants and two of them look like something is wrong......first grow so i really cannot tell

D

dreday317

flushed plant look like its about to die wilted bad.... can it recover if soil drys up//?

RELOADER212

RELOADER212

there 5g i use rose plant food 18-24-16 with molasses and kelp meal.....thanks everyone.....problem is still causing problems....i hope i dnt have bugs!!!!
Are you checkinbg the underside of your leaves with a 30x or higher microscope, that is the only way to know for sure.

D

dreday317

Getting one tomorrow

I have 3 three plants 2 doing ok and the last one stioo hasnt recovered from hits flush! Soil is still a little week but i just feed the first super critical with 1/2 strength nutes and molasses and kelp meal along with alittle epsom salt very little though, all mixed in 1 gallon jug...plant is very dark green still showing alot of hairs....this is the tiny plant from the beginning but now is taking over the closet! second plant is doing ok i feed her alittle N so she can darken up because looked like she was starving and the third one is hanging in there on her last breath! tell me what i can do if she recovers from her flush???? thanks all plants are 28 days from seed....

here are day 28 pics all three super criticals!

Snapshot 20111126 2
Snapshot 20111126 5
Snapshot 20111126 6
Snapshot 20111126 15
Snapshot 20111126 16
Snapshot 20111126 18
Snapshot 20111126 21
sedate

sedate

dreday said:
HEY GUYS IS THIS A N DEFICIENCY? BOTH PLANTS ARE DOING THE SAME THING ON THE BOTTOM MOVING TOWARD THE TOP HELP FAST PLEASE

Um. Okay. First off - as a general rule - fan leaves toward the bottom - especially larger lowers with poorer light penetration will yellow off and die randomly.

You are lighting with CFL's - do not expect vigorous green growth at the bottom of your plants - they just don't put out the firepower.

Next - clearly this is not your only problem - and you do not need more or different nutes - and you if you have root aphids as opposed to (more likely) a case of the noobs - I'd be very surprised.

Why hasn't any other poster asked our OP about his water source? Why are we telling this poor guy to buy a microscope when he clearly needs a dozen other more critical items?

What is your water source? It should be RO or distilled. If you are using tap (and looking at those leaves and judging by your post, you probably are, no offense), this is the going to be your primary problem.

Let's clearly outline the exact flush method you need to use:

Three plants? Go buy 9 gallons of distilled water.

Place your planters in the bathtub and dump two gallons into each one, letting the run-off go down the drain.

Nute the remaining three gallons to 1/4 bottle dose of that nutrient you are using. Absolutely no molasses and no kelp meal - you really aren't there yet.

Add one more gallon to each plant - allow runoff to finish - put the plants back in their home.

They should exhibit noticeable improvement within two or three days. Make sure you trim/pick off dead/diseased leaves and branches so improvement (or lack-there-of) is immediately noticeable.

Judging by that last pic - If that doesn't work your fucked and you need to start again.

This time with real premium hydroponic fertilizer, a pH test kit, and distilled/RO water.

And maybe a 250w HPS. ;)

D

dreday317

thanks man when lights turn on ill get to it much needed info! and it is tap water!

sedate

sedate

dreday said:
and it is tap water!

That's your problem.

Every time you water you are adding lockout inducing poison.

I'm glad I popped in - peepz be sending you off for a microscope and shit. Jezus.

You have to understand dreday - that water (I assume it is a municipal source in the USA) has minerals (here, calcium and magnesium in all the wrong ionic forms) in all the wrong dosages, chlorine, chloramine, floride, and depending on where you live and what the local DOT is doing to the roads here in late November, magnesium chloride.

If you stick a TDS meter in that nice clear looking water it'll probably come up with something on the order of 2 or 300ish - guesstimation based on how long you've had your plants going and how long it's taken the build up to become toxic ... although I might be a bit off b/c of the anemic metabolism those CFL's will produce.

Realize that that ppm level is right about the correct cal-mag dosage in a fully mature flowering plant under HPS lights - again - if you started with pure water and added in the correct amounts of minerals in the correct ionic forms. Any commercial cal-mag product I mean. To give you a better idea, I use this one:

Anyway - tap water is (usually - local/state regulations often have a lot do with this - do try and keep the republicans out of office) good for people. Trace calcium and magnesium - in any form - is absorbable by our digestive tract - chlorine largely keeps bacteria out of the pipes - and floride at 1-2ppm is good for our teeth.

Roots don't work that way - they work on osmotic pressures across fairly precise pH ranges for these chemical pressures to work properly.

Until you can get an RO filter, consider your tap water verbotten.

Buy distilled - it is usually cheapest at Kroger owned supermarkets. Very pricey (like $1.09 versus .69/gallon) at wal-mart for some reason.

If people look at you funny tell them "I'm thirsty" - j/k tell them you are filling a salt-water aquarium.

Here is the cheapest thing that will work for you:

soserthc1

soserthc1

wow that last picture looks bad - like beyond coming back but you would be surprised how they can bounce back - but you really need to give nore info for correct help .... i would def do a soil test asap for starters , but give more info light, heat , soil ph , water ph , chemicals and amount could be alot of things - bugs would def be noticeable for that last picture to be that bad. jeweler loop 30x - i bought on line for like 12 bucks but that IMHO aint your problem. good luck if at first you dont suceed try again...... peace

D

dreday317

problem....plant thats looked really dark green and looking healthy... it isnt looking to good can somebody let me know what the problem is??? leafs very soft on some parts of plant!

Snapshot 20111127 4
Snapshot 20111127 3
sedate

sedate

dreday said:
problem....plant thats looked really dark green and looking healthy... it isnt looking to good can somebody let me know what the problem is??? leafs very soft on some parts of plant!

Um. If you followed the flush procedure I outline above, you should be waiting a few days for improvement.

Secondly, both of those pics are very blurry and when you zoom up like that it is hard to get a sense for what the whole plant is doing.

Take a few pics of your trouble spots - make sure they aren't blurred - and then zoom out for a larger panned view of the whole plant. Again - if that's a camera phone you need to take care that they are not blurry like those - those pics are a mess.

EDIT: Honestly - not that I can really tell what is going on but you probably have a very pH disturbed and sick root zone w/ your rose fertilizer and your tap water - hate to break it to you but do I imagine you will be starting again.

K

kindindy123

thats not comming back,better to start over,ive been using tap for yrs,but my ppm100,ph 8.0,& always let it sit or better arate it,24hrs,the clorine will disapate,ive never used r/o water,distiled,spring,exept with cloning. def need to get ur instriments. good luck

D

dreday317

nooooooo dont say that... so ur saying even if i flush im in trouble!!! i think i should lose the ROSE FOOD!

D

dreday317

its crazy bc the lower leaves arent doing this an thats where i thought it would start! im just going to flush it with 9-10 gallons of tap water

D

dreday317

i also just seen some white like bug worming through my soil!!! what is this?

Top Bottom