Need Help Finding A Caregiver

• Thread starter Cody93
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sinner D

Sinner D

I think the guaranteed 'freebies' every month has set the MMMA program up to fail to big pharmaceutical companies as well as too much state control. The medical program would've worked better from the start if it was implemented w/o so much greed on the horizon. But now most new and old patients alike think it the norm to ask what is offered for free monthly rather than when/how their caregiver will be teaching them to grow for themselves. It's not a complete injustice to give your patients freebies every now and again, but (imo) it should be a reward for donation loyalty and consistency, not just the normal expectation of "so what do I get for free every month?". What we do as caregivers is NOT the hardest job in the world! However the time (and $) we put into our product is not worth less just because it seems easy from the outside looking in. This shit costs $$ and it takes a sincere level of interest to be successful, not to mention a little brass to keep doing.

Dan789

Dan789

I can offer is to use your local Compassion Club or safe transfer location.
So the state has Compassion clubs and safe transfer stations set up? Please elaborate on this, I've got a brother in Mi that I want to give him a run down on how to get started as a MJ patient. Thanks

sixstring

sixstring

So the state has Compassion clubs and safe transfer stations set up? Please elaborate on this, I've got a brother in Mi that I want to give him a run down on how to get started as a MJ patient. Thanks

Well depending on your location there can be alot of dispensaries and most of them will help you get your certification as well as sell you product once you have your paperwork completed. Ann arbor detroit grand rapids lansing all have plenty of places to shop around.Genesee county(flint) has alot of them as well.you can get your card to grow your own 12 plants or get a caregiver .but while your get stuff going you can buy from any of the clubs once your carded even if you have a caregiver.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

My patient's get diddly squat for free!

Them to however get tip shelf strains, clean of any pesticides, pgrs, mild, mildew, and any other BS that others growers don't care about. I also never run out of meds, a particular strain, yes. But never out. I also give them goodie bags on birthdays and holidays. I also take a few if them to the cannabis cup (did last 3 yrs, didn't make it this yr).

Grassmatch is a fucking joke. I've told the owner of the site many times the patients are scammers and I refuse to pay for your monthly home of a site. Craigslist, I found 99% of my business. Sure 90% of the ppl are asshats, you just have to weed out the bad for the good. As far as compassion clubs and dispos, afaik technically their all illegal. If the state wants to raid and shut them down, they can and have done in the past.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Section 8 iirc

Safe patient transfer

obtaining meds from someone other than your designated cg.

sixstring

sixstring

Yeah they actually made rules like being 1000 ft away from schools and churches maybe.but yeah they actually went and closed a few in Detroit that had no chance of ever being in compliance and let the others stay and do business. They also left it up to local gov to disallow them if they dont want them in their communities. Im in a small town nw of ann arbor and we have an ordinance that they can only be in zoned industrial areas which is 2 spots haha.but its such a small town everyone would know where the dispos are if and when we ever got one or two.A2 is only 15 min drive to dozens of them.im seeing a bunch pop up around flint recently.i would open one here but im not sure if i want all 8 of our cops following me around all damn day lol.they aint got anything else to do around here so im sure whoever does it first will get a bunch of attention

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I checked Craigslist there was only a couple i could find around here aint herd back
If I lived in cali I would help you out. Hope you find someone trustworthy that takes good care of you...... Peace

Lived in San Fran years and years ago. Had a crib out on the Great Hwy on 47th Ave between Pacheco & Quintera
Brings back great memories. Kickin in the Haight. Hanging in Beserkley, dropping premium lsd and doing concerts at the Cow Palace and Orpheum. .........Man were those the days. Wish I could go back in time!!!!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Recently got my card and have been tryin to find a caregiver in the bay city area any advice would be helpful
Damn man. I gotta slow down. I saw your post and I was yakking about SF bay area. Your in Bay City. Wrong part of the planet. Dohhhhhhh................... Frikkn stoner

Sinner D

Sinner D

Section 8 iirc

Safe patient transfer

obtaining meds from someone other than your designated cg.
Closing dispensaries and illegal caregiver to patient transfers will be more enforced in the coming year after the State of Michigan enforces the new amendment(s) to the MMMA of '08. The topping on the cake is that if you want to join the emerging legal market in the facet of growing or processing, you must give up your caregiver-ship to get legitimate employment. However, the newly licensed growers MUST hire caregivers with more than 2 years experience. As far as I'm concerned, my patients DO take almost all of my excess already. So this won't bother me immediately. I don't think an emerging high dollar industrialization of cannabis will be able to offer ME a position worth losing all I have done. But who knows?! I try not to call the way this shit is going because money fucks it all up. I do think that the new amendments being implemented IS going to mess with a lot of folks misusing or exploiting the MMMA. Only time will tell.

jesscaper

jesscaper

Be very careful and attentive when looking for a caregiver. One cannot do without physical stamina. After all, in addition to numerous hygiene and medical procedures, feeding, walking, and socializing, a caregiver's duties often include keeping the apartment clean and preparing special dietary meals. You should pay attention to such qualities as punctuality, orderliness, and neatness from the very beginning. If an applicant is unkempt in dress, is late for an interview, and answers questions inappropriately, she is unlikely to be a good caregiver. I've been in these situations many times, so I know what I'm talking about. But luckily, everything changed when I found a senior caregiver near me.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Hey jesscaper, the thread is about cannabis. I am a medical caregiver for 25 + years who grows for enjoyment. Hard to find a caregiver who knows both fields. I get $18.00 hr. for my skills. I've never worked in the cannabis caregiving field.

H

hasbrown

In my opinion, older people become lonelier. That’s why they, like children in kindergarten, need to socialize with people of the same age. Even though they might not have some great problems with their health, socializing is a great reason for them to go there, but just if they want to do it. For example, my grannie is not so frequently visited by us, since we live in another country. That’s why we came up with the idea for her to move to senior living, making new friends, and socializing with more people. She was happy to hear it and accepted it. This way, my family has no worries about my grandma getting ever sick because there will take care of her. And she will be happy to have around her so many people to spend time with.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

From what I understand, a cannabis caregiver only helps with your need for smoke. They grow it and distribute it to the paitents.
This discussion makes me want to see if Missouri has anything like that. I'm physically disabled, but I can grow, drive and dispense.
Funny, that used to be illegal. LOL

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Missouri Medical marijuana caregiver​

A medical marijuana caregiver is a person who is authorized to buy, possess, cultivate, and dispense medicinal marijuana on behalf of qualifying patients who are incapable of buying it themselves because they are bedridden, hospitalized, or otherwise debilitated.

Eligibility criteria​

To qualify as a medical marijuana caregiver in Missouri, you have to meet the following criteria set by the Missouri Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS):

• You must be at least 21 years old.
  • You must be legally responsible for managing the well-being of a qualifying patient.
  • You must have a signed Missouri patient authorization form where you are named as the caregiver of a medical marijuana patient.

You are not required to be a nurse or health professional to become a marijuana patient caregiver. A caregiver may be anyone including another medical marijuana patient, a legal caretaker, a family member, or a friend. Marijuana patients can also find individuals who may be interested in being caregivers through Missouri Cannabis Growers Association and other groups.

Top Bottom