Need help ! First grower not sure if nutrient burn or deficiency!

• Thread starter Jayy420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jayy420

Just started noticing these slightly yellow tips on my leaves a few days after the first feed should I be worried? They are about to be 2 weeks old. Maybe I fed to early? I’m not too sure what is is since I’m barely learning. Im thinking it might be either a magnesium deficiency or a nutrient burn please help

Need help  first grower not sure if nutrient burn or deficiency
Need help  first grower not sure if nutrient burn or deficiency 2
Need help  first grower not sure if nutrient burn or deficiency 3
az2000

az2000

What soil are you using? (What did you feed? How much?). The soil looks wet. Do you let it dry very well before watering again? (I know that's tough to do with a seedling. You can uneven drying. But, you don't want to keep it too wet. Cannabis likes going from wet to dry. Not constantly wet like a houseplant, giving it a sip everyday.

J

Jayy420

What soil are you using? (What did you feed? How much?). The soil looks wet. Do you let it dry very well before watering again? (I know that's tough to do with a seedling. You can uneven drying. But, you don't want to keep it too wet. Cannabis likes going from wet to dry. Not constantly wet like a houseplant, giving it a sip everyday.
I’m using fox farms happy frog potting soil , I mixed 2ml of cal mag , 1ml of micro , 1ml grow of grow and .5ml of bloom into 1 gallon of water and fed about 1 liter of it to each plant. ph was around 6.1. I fed them on the 11th. and yes I try to let the soil dry but I am a little over caring with the plants I do water just a tad before I leave to work sometime since I’m not home for more then 10 hours+ But I realize I do need to payback on that and let the plants do what they do

az2000

az2000

I’m using fox farms happy frog potting soil , I mixed 2ml of cal mag , 1ml of micro , 1ml grow of grow and .5ml of bloom into 1 gallon of water and fed about 1 liter of it to each plant. ph was around 6.1. I fed them on the 11th. and yes I try to let the soil dry but I am a little over caring with the plants I do water just a tad before I leave to work sometime since I’m not home for more then 10 hours+ But I realize I do need to payback on that and let the plants do what they do

I've never used Fox Farms anything. I've read Happy Frog isn't too hot (like Ocean Forest supposedly is), but can be to heavy/dense to dry fast enough.

You didn't mix the nutrients too strong. Probably not a problem.

You're using hydro nutrients in soil. I wouldn't do that. Not the optimal pairing. I think Fox Farms "trio" is made for soil, with soil stuff in it like the soil has. (If you like that hydro fertilizer product, you might consider trying soilless sometime and see how it compares to using it in soil.).

J

Jayy420

I've never used Fox Farms anything. I've read Happy Frog isn't too hot (like Ocean Forest supposedly is), but can be to heavy/dense to dry fast enough.

You're using hydro nutrients in soil. I wouldn't do that. Not the optimal pairing. I think Fox Farms "trio" is made for soil, with soil stuff in it like the soil has. (If you like that hydro fertilizer product, you might consider trying soilless sometime and see how it compares to using it in soil.).
Okay I really appreciate the info I’ll definitely look into fox farms trio ASAP. You don’t think the plants have induced damage that I should worry about ? Or do you think I should be fine as long as I switch to fox farms trio after a good flush?

J

Jayy420

So I should no longer use these nutrients correct?

az2000

az2000

Okay I really appreciate the info I’ll definitely look into fox farms trio ASAP. You don’t think the plants have induced damage that I should worry about ? Or do you think I should be fine as long as I switch to fox farms trio after a good flush?

The hydro nutrients might work. It's just that you're bypassing the soil to a large extent. You're missing an oportunity to feed the soil microbes (the stuff hydro growers don't feed). I don't think it would "damage" the plants. And, certainly not 1ml. :)

I think your problem is probably Happy Frog soil being dense/heavy, slow drying. I've read about others mixing it with coco to improve that condition. If I used it, I'd mix 50% perlite into it.

So, I wouldn't flush. That would be excessive for that small plant. Especially if you've been treating the soil like a houseplant (adding water occasionally instead of letting it dry). If this is your first grow, you really will be amazed how dry the soil should be before watering again. Get in the habit of lifting the container, and judging the weight. When it's ready to water again, it should feel alarmingly light. It's really hard for a new grower to appreciate how light that is.

az2000

az2000

So I should no longer use these nutrients correct?

I thought you said you were using Fox Farms. They make a "grow micro bloom" set too. I was referencing that. (Which makes it more clear because FF has the "trio" for soil, and the gmb for hydro.).

It's th same thing, though. It's for hydro. (Nobody would pour "trio" in their hydro reservoir. I question pouring synthetic and chelated nutrients into soil. They say it can be used in soil. But, you can probably wash your hair with it too. That wouldn't mean it's optimal for that purpose. That's all I'm saying.

You can continue using it and see what happens. Some people have done it and said it works fine.

J

Jayy420

The hydro nutrients might work. It's just that you're bypassing the soil to a large extent. You're missing an oportunity to feed the soil microbes (the stuff hydro growers don't feed). I don't think it would "damage" the plants. And, certainly not 1ml. :)

I think your problem is probably Happy Frog soil being dense/heavy, slow drying. I've read about others mixing it with coco to improve that condition. If I used it, I'd mix 50% perlite into it.

So, I wouldn't flush. That would be excessive for that small plant. Especially if you've been treating the soil like a houseplant (adding water occasionally instead of letting it dry). If this is your first grow, you really will be amazed how dry the soil should be before watering again. Get in the habit of lifting the container, and judging the weight. When it's ready to water again, it should feel alarmingly light. It's really hard for a new grower to appreciate how light that is.
Okay thank you for your time and input I really appreciate it. I’ll definitely start making sure the soil drys out more before watering and feeding.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Don't feed it now, way too soon: and it's very wet, let it dry out some, take the time to search & learn a proper wet/dry watering cycle. I think the yellowing could be from overwatering, but tell me about your pH ?

Top Bottom