Need help first time growing

• Thread starter budkiller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

budkiller

I just bought the mortage lifter and this is my first time ever growing and i would like to know if you guys think it is really possible to grow that yield of what they say with this set up and if i change the wattage to 600 each bulb would that work out a lot better. i was thinking about going with an auto strain if you know any high yielding less time consuming please let me know if i should go with something different let me know as well

B

budkiller

this is what i need help with

What i need is some one to tell me if that is enough light to grow atleast 7 to 10 elbows and should i use a auto strain or a female and if so what kind should i use. i was looking at endless sky from dr green thumb and also big devil and fast bud because i want something that i can get a big yield and still very good please help if you can. im going to change the lighting to 1800 watts total i wanted to go to 3000 watts but i was told that the tent couldn't withstand all that heat

S

smokestack23

Wow...that's quite the nice complete set-up. Not sure what it would cost to source all those items separately...maybe quite a bit less $ but more hassles. You'll definitely get your feet wet and learn a lot for next time...which is ALWAYS the case no matter WHAT you start with.

The only "issue" I see is the yield they claim..and the yield you're after. Typically, a pretty respectable harvest amount is 1gram per watt of light. Some people get less some get more. A gram per watt is not always EASY but is a good number to shoot for. Oh..FWIW, a 400W makes fewer lumens per watt than a 600 or 1000 so 1g/w might be a little more tricky with 400 watters. So yeah...if you assume 1gram/watt and if that tent comes with 1200watts of 400watters...IF you managed to get TWO grams/watt that's still only 2400grams or 2.4Kilos which is about 6elbows. I think they were saying you'd get over 12pounds with these 3 lights??? I'd say that's pretty much impossible unless you bought your seeds from beanstalk Jack.

I think it's kinda shitty that they market this system like that. I'd say that 99.9% of people (no 100%) who buy that system are gonna be in for a big letdown. I don't know of a person on the planet who can get more than 2grams per watt from 400watters..or 600 watters...or 1K. Not saying it can't be done....just that most people buying this complete pkg will not come even close to the yields these guys project. I'm assuming that most buyers of this system will be entry level growers. Just another reason I say that NO ONE who buys this system will be able to realize the yields they claim.

B

budkiller

Yeah I kinda guess after the I got the system that it would be hard to achieve that yield but if i do go up to 1800 watts i should be able to get something nice. What would be the best strain to go with? Something high yielding. Do you think if i went any higher on the wattage side i would have heating issues inside of the tent say if i went with 2200 or 2600 watts because i know going with the 3000 watts might be an over kill

S

smokestack23

Crap...sorry, I don't remember the size. I don't "THINK" that 600s put a WHOLE lot more heat out than 400s.

I have a huge yielding strain. Not even sure what it really is. SUPPOSED to be blueberry according to buddy who gave me the beans but it's prob bagseed so who knows.

I have a new strain but havent flowered any yet. It's going in next. It's Big BudXWhite Widow. SUPPOSED to be a big yielder. Havent found anyone else growing it though so we'll have to see.

Some big yielders with actual testimonials and posted results around the net are Critical Mass and Casey Jones. I'd PROBABLY go with the critical mass...but...I'll let ya know how the BBxWW works out. I have my fingers crossed.

Top Bottom