Need Help - First Timer

• Thread starter russell916
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

russell916

Hello all this will be my first post so please excuse the noobness. I wanted to give this growing thing a try but there’s so much I don’t know. I’ve read ALOT of different post, guides etc all over the net and they all seem to have different answers to the same questions and some of the info seems outdated. I know a lot of it has to do with personal experience and preference.

As experienced growers I know your feedback will be very helpful in getting me started with my grow and helping me through my grow.

Now here’s the first set of noobish questions: I have a area of 12’ X 12’ to use for a flowing room (it’s a bedroom) The grow area will roughly be 10’ X 5’on one side of the room and 10’ X 5’ on the opposite side of the room, with roughly 2’ of walking space.

I was wondering if I should go with four 1000w with light movers or four 600w with light movers (two for each side). The hoods would be air cooled and the walls will be covered with mylar. I wanted to use a light mover so I could get alittle closer to the tops of my plants (thinking this will help)

I was also thinking about using a SOG grow style with soil because I know nothing about hydroponics but I will go hydro in the future after I get a couple of successful soil grows under my belt. Now with four 600w with the light movers I know the light per sq/ft isn’t there but would it work with decent results. The four 1000w with the light mover would be closer to the optimal 50w per sq/ft but then I was thinking about heat. Would heat be hard to control with the four 1000w set-up?

My goal is to grow SOG style in soil, one plant per sq/ft maybe alittle (1-2 weeks) longer veg. I want at least 1 ounce per plant dried bud (I think its possible). So between four 1000w or four 600w which do I need to reach the results of 1 ounce per plant?

Please help my grow and design will mainly rely on the information shared here… Thanks

Note: This will be my first true grow and using four lights are future plans but I do plan on using the first 10’ X 5’ area for my first grow then using the second 10’ X 5’ on the second or third grow. Both areas are in the same room just to make that clear.

hiboy

hiboy

My suggestion would be to plant only a limited amount in smart pots with coco. Then place them under just two lights, 4 if ya got enough info and have confidence. Get a successful grow under your belt, keeping in mind temperature, air circulation, humidty, nutrient testing (ph and ppm) . Forget the light movers , etc. After a little experience then design yur room .
hiboy

R

russell916

Thanks for the reply hiboy. So do you think I should run the four 600 or the four 1000? I wondering if the 600’s would produce enough light for my plants to produce 1oz per plant with a SOG style grow and on the other hand would the 1000’s produce a heat problem in a room that size?

R

russell916

Thanks for your feedback hiboy.

But my question about what lamps to choose still lingers. Should I go with four 600’s? Or four 1000’s? I want to harvest a minium of an ounce per plant growing with a SOG style in soil (if possible). And if I was going to go with the four 1000’s would I run into serious heat issues?

Thanks.

Top Bottom