need help for a DIY watering system?

• Thread starter DevinA95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DevinA95

DevinA95

I was wondering if anybody knows a simple DIY watering system i could use for my outdoor plants so I wouldn't have to visit them so often. They're not close to my house and they are in 7 gallon grow bags. Thanks in advance

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

If theres something sturdy above like a tree or something hang a 5 gallon bucket with a tiny hole in it itll just constantly drip feed

DevinA95

DevinA95

If theres something sturdy above like a tree or something hang a 5 gallon bucket with a tiny hole in it itll just constantly drip feed
No trees close but I could possibly use a stake or tobacco stick?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Gallon of water at the base of the plant with a hole in it? Kinda like the bucket idea.

DevinA95

DevinA95

Gallon of water at the base of the plant with a hole in it? Kinda like the bucket idea.
Apparently I've been over thinking it. I'm looking into getting some of those drip spikes that I can screw on the end of a 2 liter.

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

I was wondering if anybody knows a simple DIY watering system i could use for my outdoor plants so I wouldn't have to visit them so often. They're not close to my house and they are in 7 gallon grow bags. Thanks in advance
Or 1 gallon milk jug out in the sun by the plant with Small holes in the bottom as the milk jug gets warmer it'll expand pushing the water out myself I use a 5 gallon bucket and a blumat soaker hose on gravity feed good luck

DevinA95

DevinA95

Or 1 gallon milk jug out in the sun by the plant with Small holes in the bottom as the milk jug gets warmer it'll expand pushing the water out myself I use a 5 gallon bucket and a blumat soaker hose on gravity feed good luck
I was looking at some blumat products. I was considering using hoses as well. I haven't made up my mind yet. That seems more effective then the drip spikes im looking at

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

I was looking at some blumat products. I was considering using hoses as well. I haven't made up my mind yet. That seems more effective then the drip spikes im looking at
Well Soil moisture is measured in milibars so I would recommend the first thing you do is get a blumat moisture meter I have 2 in my 4x8 bed in the basement it's the cats ass for meters

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

And you can see the carrot in the picture along with the soaker hose it does it all for me to keep the moisture right where it needs to be to avoid root issues overwater is worse than under water for many reasons and overwater actually dehydrates the plant because plants don't take up water well outside the 80 milibars range below 80 it's to wet over 120 it's to dry the scale goes in reverse for number so the lower the number on the meter the wetter the soil

DevinA95

DevinA95

And you can see the carrot in the picture along with the soaker hose it does it all for me to keep the moisture right where it needs to be to avoid root issues overwater is worse than under water for many reasons and overwater actually dehydrates the plant because plants don't take up water well outside the 80 milibars range below 80 it's to wet over 120 it's to dry the scale goes in reverse for number so the lower the number on the meter the wetter the soil
I heard that I shouldn't have to worry too much about over watering since I'm using grow bags(dont know how true that is)

Latest posts

Top Bottom