Need help from Ontario Canada growers

• Thread starter NWB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NWB

to start, I hope everyone is ok after the storm yesterday…. I am just outside of Ottawa. I have my clones inside and was thinking of putting them outside this weekend. I’ll be growing 5 white widow in 25g fabric bags. This is my second outdoor but forget a lot… can someone help guide me on taking them from small pots to large bags? Can I simply remove the plants from the pot and plant in the larger pot? Do I need to do anything with the roots etc? Thanks in advance!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
have a plan
be prepared/everything ready
be gentle
be efficient/timely..
generally best to transplant when soil/medium is not too wet as the wet medium can break away, breaking roots..
couple other tips but that should be good enough..

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
to start, I hope everyone is ok after the storm yesterday…. I am just outside of Ottawa. I have my clones inside and was thinking of putting them outside this weekend. I’ll be growing 5 white widow in 25g fabric bags. This is my second outdoor but forget a lot… can someone help guide me on taking them from small pots to large bags? Can I simply remove the plants from the pot and plant in the larger pot? Do I need to do anything with the roots etc? Thanks in advance!
Hey, good luck,.......I just started using worm castings and I'm hooked, everything is thriving after adding it to the soil and also when transplanting, I prepare a hole then line the hole with the castings before I add the plant then water as normal....There are lots of soil amendments you can get into but for strong and healthy look into the castings.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I put 3 in the ground last weekend,yesterdays storm was wicked,crazy wind and hail here. I left old stalk in the ground and zipped tied them to it, so far so good. I just flip plants upside down and tap the pots and transplant,no problems ever

N

NWB

Thank you for the advice! I’m going to get everything setup today, and transplant tomorrow. I was told to put them in the shade at first or the sun could shock/kill them?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Thank you for the advice! I’m going to get everything setup today, and transplant tomorrow. I was told to put them in the shade at first or the sun could shock/kill them?
ya for the most part,

Crazyman1212

Crazyman1212

You should wait until June 1st before planting outdoors in our area. Do to the light cycle of the sun you could inadvertently cause your grow to go into flower. Plus there is some shit weather on the way, no reason to stress your girls out this coming week.

Reactions: NWB
Like2Grow

Like2Grow

to start, I hope everyone is ok after the storm yesterday…. I am just outside of Ottawa. I have my clones inside and was thinking of putting them outside this weekend. I’ll be growing 5 white widow in 25g fabric bags. This is my second outdoor but forget a lot…

I'm outside of Ottawa too. Your plants look really good but you didn't mention which strain/s you are growing. Do you have buds yet?

We've got high winds going again today with on again/ off again rain. I put 42 inch high fence around the plants which I can use to tie off and low stress train branches to keep things separate and it also gives support in high wind. 3 out of 4 plants are flowering now.

DSC07589a

AirHammer

AirHammer

I'm outside of Ottawa too. Your plants look really good but you didn't mention which strain/s you are growing. Do you have buds yet?

We've got high winds going again today with on again/ off again rain. I put 42 inch high fence around the plants which I can use to tie off and low stress train branches to keep things separate and it also gives support in high wind. 3 out of 4 plants are flowering now.

View attachment 1264591
I see bud colas forming beside some later bloomers. Great looking ladies! I especially like the round ball plant, how cool is that!

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

I see bud colas forming beside some later bloomers. Great looking ladies! I especially like the round ball plant, how cool is that!

Thanks. They're all pretty cool plants.

2 are Frostberry from Lucky 13. One's got purple the second one staying white. 3 and 5 leaves on top of the buds.

DSC07594a
DSC07597a

Then there are 2 Okanagan Grapes which has one in bloom now. They're the taller ones and both about 5 foot across.

DSC07598a

Top Bottom