Need Help Germination

• Thread starter GotPower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GotPower

Hello,

I got 4 seeds, I putted in a moist towel for more then 24h, now I putted in a glass of water and they sink down instantly, any chances they can germinate? All auto fem.

Last edited:
G

GotPower

Its possible.

You shoukd do the glass first yo get the covering good and soft then the paper towel
Okey, I leave in glass for 3hours, then I put in cotton pads moist and wait more 24h, I see 1 seed cracked and root coming ;), I see on 3 seed bubbles around its good?

BudBogart

BudBogart

When your seeds sink it means they have absorbed some water which is a good thing. I only use paper towel OR glass of water, not both together. I prefer the water because seeds get stuck on the towels, slightly harder method for me. Either method is good for 99 percent success if you have good seeds.
Once sunk to the bottom I expect seeds to sprout within 24 hours or they get planted anyway. Don't let the seeds soak tooo long.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Hello,

I got 4 seeds, I putted in a moist towel for more then 24h, now I putted in a glass of water and they sink down instantly, any chances they can germinate? All auto fem.
Sometimes they will still pop even though they sink. My best advice is to use a tray and Dome. Buy a thermostatically controlled heat mat and keep it between 75 or 80 degrees that is your best bet. Although it doesn't hurt to soak the seeds overnight.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

my germination has been 100% so far, mind you a very small sample.

- put seeds in water in a heated germination dome in darkness for 24 hours. (i've gone longer and things still worked)
- put seeds on a damp paper towel in a dessert plate
- fold over the paper towel to cover the seeds
- put a second dessert plate upside down on top of the first dessert plate (think clam shell) for 24 hours in the heated germination dome.
- Check to see if you see a tail coming out of the seed after the 24 hours
- if there's a tail, place seed in a rapid rooter plug root down
- place a small piece of rapid rooter in the hole on top of the seed to block light
- place the rapid rooter back in the germination dome
- wait for the plugs to be pushed up them add light.

seems overly complicated, but it's not. it's really simple.
to germinate, you need moisture, darkness, warmth.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

my germination has been 100% so far, mind you a very small sample.

- put seeds in water in a heated germination dome in darkness for 24 hours. (i've gone longer and things still worked)
- put seeds on a damp paper towel in a dessert plate
- fold over the paper towel to cover the seeds
- put a second dessert plate upside down on top of the first dessert plate (think clam shell) for 24 hours in the heated germination dome.
- Check to see if you see a tail coming out of the seed after the 24 hours
- if there's a tail, place seed in a rapid rooter plug root down
- place a small piece of rapid rooter in the hole on top of the seed to block light
- place the rapid rooter back in the germination dome
- wait for the plugs to be pushed up them add light.

seems overly complicated, but it's not. it's really simple.
to germinate, you need moisture, darkness, warmth.
Germinating is easy

fatawa

fatawa

Ive never used the paper towel method..always droppd n glass of water for 24hrs(usualy they sink,n like said thats a good thing)then i put in rockwool,ph5.5,rootzone(10ml per gal)and i just put in cake pan with a sealed lid.put it on yur cable box or game system.3days n they will b topside..everytime unless seeds r garbage.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Ive never used the paper towel method..always droppd n glass of water for 24hrs(usualy they sink,n like said thats a good thing)then i put in rockwool,ph5.5,rootzone(10ml per gal)and i just put in cake pan with a sealed lid.put it on yur cable box or game system.3days n they will b topside..everytime unless seeds r garbage.
That works great too. I use a dome and start in Rockwall now because I'm lazy and don't want to transfer LOL

fatawa

fatawa

Im n dwc so wen im topside i drop in 8×8 tupperware..blast them with 2stones and a 60gph pump..(tupperware holds exactly 1gal)i only use dome and tray for clones..just my style tho..we all tend to do whats easy for us u kno.no right or wrong answer if u have a plant a wk later.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

LOL true. I used to be all over my plants but after a while you realize how hard you're working. I've moved more towards less maintenance and more organic. I think it's even funnier when you can produce with almost no effort.

fatawa

fatawa

Yup..very common noob mistake..leaving them alone for few days will impress u more..i def do training but 3-4days by there selves untouched afterwards does wonders...less is usualy more

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

I've always had excellent luck with germination also and always used the paper towel method, grab like 3 paper towels, laid all together and then fold them into quarters, lay them on a plate and lay the seeds out between the last fold and wet, then I slide it into a one quart ziplock bag and seal. Check it after 24 hours and generally they'll be cracked, if not another 24 will usually do the trick. Sealing in the bag prevents accidental drying out.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Yup..very common noob mistake..leaving them alone for few days will impress u more..i def do training but 3-4days by there selves untouched afterwards does wonders...less is usualy more
LOL set it and forget it and start your succession.

G

GotPower

I planted 3 seeds, 1 seed don't showed any news :/, now I'm using 240v 60w lamp, the lamp so heating the lamp is good? I spraying with warm water to heat more soil, these plants be in outdoor( in greenhouse) and I'm spraying water every 3-4h.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom