need help getting right size fan.

• Thread starter BBWLUVA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BBWLUVA

BBWLUVA

my room size is 5x5x6 ft tall,my light is a 600 watt hps in a air cooled reflector.what size and kind of fan would be good to cool the light plus vent the room? or would it be better to have two smaller fans 1 for cooling the light the other for exhausting the room.i need to know how much cfm for both or seperate for each.. thanks any help would be appreciated..

I

IGKali

I'd say the best thing to do would be to invest in two seperate fans. For your light, I assume it's a 6" AC hood, and therefore a six inch inline would probably be your simplist buy ( though maybe not the least expensive). I've cooled a 600 watt pretty well with a standard can 6", which was rated at 270cfm. Anything above that would be gravy.
As for your room, we'd want to find the square footage. 5x5x6 room brings you to 150 square feet. You want to be able to exhaust that in about 3 minutes, which is pretty realistic with your dimensions. A 4" inline should take care of you, though I may suggest stepping it up to a 6" if you'll be pulling through a filter. Hope this helps.

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

I use a 250cfm inline for light and double the Cubic feet in my exhausts..I would look for a 300cfm or better for the exhaust..Air exchange is important..and when cooling light be sure the air your bringing in threw the light is as cool as possable..I seen a grow where a fella had a small room buile for an ac unit and drew cold air from itin threw his lights..pretty cool...hope this helps..take care and be safe

:passingjoint:

20north

you want to cycle the air every minute the math is extremely easy.:pimp:

good luck

most likely you should have a 250-300 cfm for an outtake .. more the better this is the last think to under look. this is sorta more or just as important as lighting

it depends on how you want to do your grow if you want co2 you should air cool your lights separate from the room having an independent exit for air so you can turn it off and push co2 in and then when it gets hot the fan will turn back on and you will have super fat yields...:icon_animal26:

20north

your filters are going to bring down your cfm sooo much watch out

buffbuds

buffbuds

If you are planning on expanding in the future, buy the BIGGEST fans you can afford, add reducers for now if needed. I would recoment the 8" max fan by canfan. Then, buy inline speed controls, and you can do whatever the hell you want. Like, turn it down to what a 6" would output for now, bump it up when you get more lights, or be able to adjust the cooling to match a CO2 system, dehumidifier, humidifier, whatever. YES it's too expensive now, but you will save so much money when you expand, and no need to sell outdated equipment at a loss. Think big picture here, sure, your a trial user, but, most people who start, stick with it.

BBWLUVA

BBWLUVA

i don t plan on expanding much more than this i have been growing serious for 6 years now.. i think i will go with a 6'' vortex it should meet my needs, thanks for all the help any other good suggestions welcome...

Top Bottom