need help growing OG's

• Thread starter jtmyzery2008
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jtmyzery2008

Hey farmer's ive been growing for a few years now and decided to start dabbling with growing some Blackwater og and some beast og. Both are in coco just vegging right now. Ive been feeding them CNS17 grow mix at 10 -15 ml but they are turning light yellow and green in the middle of the big fan leaves. just wondering how should i mix my nutes for OG strains
'

oldirtybastard

oldirtybastard

Any pic? Most likely a Cal/Mag problem.. Sound like you have a mag deficiency but i wont be able to tell you %100 without pics... I found OGs to love CalMag.. ~ODB~

Cannanugget

Cannanugget

Without a good pic its hard to say, but my OG's definitely like a bit more CalMag than my other strains.

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

I agree. My Pre 98 Bubba likes a little extra. Caps bennies and some blackstrap to feed them (plus blackstrap=Mg source) and she was greener than Ive ever seen. But wo pics and a little more info its hard to say. You didnt say what your pH is, but remember that affects their uptake.

J

jtmyzery2008

My ph is usually 5.8 -5.9 and ppms are around 300 to 500. closer to 500 i would say. just feeding them straight CNS17 and this week i added 5ml of calmag. Here are some pics of the beast og's the blackwater og's are looking better.
IMAG0144
IMAG0145
IMAG0146
IMAG0144
IMAG0144
IMAG0145
IMAG0146

pussOGbrah

pussOGbrah

let them dry out a lot in between waterings and definitely add calmag or calplex+epsoms if using CNS. OG doesnt like staying wet it will dudd,.

xrob415x

xrob415x

Bruh i recomend the exact opposite in coco never let it dry! Sometimes I used to get lazy with watering and let the coco dry and would always get what appeared to be some type of saltbuild up/lockout! This happens because when the water is absorbed and the medium dries the nute concentration skyrockets upward. I even did a side by side in my coco perlite mix and lets some have a wet/ dry cycle and keep others moist at all times. The ones that I always kept moist killed the wet/dry cycle side. They buds were almost double the size and plants were much greener in veg. On thing about OG that I realize is that it is a Ca-Mg HOGG. Dont be shy to up the dose of CAMG!

xrob415x

xrob415x

One more thing. I have grown out the Beast Og's I got em from some guy in LA of budtrader, he said he bred it. I was running 2 other Og's and the Beast had problems in early veg the others were fine. The beasts were real finniky

M

meg0tnutz

I never let coco dry out..Also the CNS-17 grow line has plenty of Ca for most strains, perhaps a mag only supplement is in order..Emphasis 'perhaps'..Try some Epsom salt in nute mix or even maybe foliar spray...Tap or RO?..If RO then yeah some calmag will/should help..
jm2c..

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
try feeding those plants...lol
700-800ppm is gonna green em up.
Use the nutrient, it is well rounded and has cal mag in it...but it is a weakly concentrated nutrient, use more..

H

Hydrohelper

Yea Coco should be fed very frequently, more so than other soilless mixes or soil obviously. Definitely emphasize the cal/mag and p/k. My og's get good doses of both through week 6 to keep them strong. Good Luck

ethnoman

ethnoman

Correct, coco does require the plants be fed more regularly as the available N will be used up as the coco breaks down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom