need help, i dont know what else to do!..

• Thread starter deletex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
deletex

deletex

hello friends, i have a problem and i`ve tried a lot of things,
leaves starting from the bottom are turning brown, but always at the edge, not the tip, then they turn yellow, and then they dry off, and fall
looking at pictures i would think its a potassium deficiency, so looking at the ph chart, potassium is better absorbed at higher ph so i measured my water and adjusted it to 7, didn`t work. i have that basic yellow pen to measure pH
i tried adjusting it to 6, also didn`t work,
i tried different nutrients, also didn`t work,
i`m in south america so it`s summer, i have them outside, the get sun from like 10:00 to 17:00 and light from 6:00 to 20:00
i water them like every 2 days, or if they are like droopy in very hot days.
they are in soil, i don`t know the strain, only that they are sativa
i have like 10 plants and most of them have the same problem.
i also have a hydro system near them and they do NOT have the same problem, those ones are just fine! ( different nutrition ) (the ones with the silver pot)
what could i try differenty?

Need help i dont know what else to do
Need help i dont know what else to do 2
Need help i dont know what else to do 3
Need help i dont know what else to do 4
Need help i dont know what else to do 5
Need help i dont know what else to do 6
Need help i dont know what else to do 7
Need help i dont know what else to do 8
Matthewstever

Matthewstever

I'm not a pro...soil looks damp....overwatering? I live in the Mojave desert...and I killed an outdoor batch already from overwatering..I run them now in 50% shade to stop overheating and I water sparingly...even in the desert..

deletex

deletex

I'm not a pro...soil looks damp....overwatering? I live in the Mojave desert...and I killed an outdoor batch already from overwatering..I run them now in 50% shade to stop overheating and I water sparingly...even in the desert..
mm i`m gonna start putting my finger in the soil before watering to check, but i dont believe it`s that because i dont water them that often, once every 3 days maybe

Matthewstever

Matthewstever

No worries...when it's my plants, I very often overlook simple stuff, so the basics are what I start checking off first..

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

I have been wrong before and I will definitely be wrong at some point again, but your pictures seem to show signs of spider mite damage on your plants. It might not be the cause of the yellowing, but it is a lot easier to get a hold on them before they really establish themselves. It could be thrips instead, but it is difficult to tell from pictures. Good luck! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

deletex

deletex

I have been wrong before and I will definitely be wrong at some point again, but your pictures seem to show signs of spider mite damage on your plants. It might not be the cause of the yellowing, but it is a lot easier to get a hold on them before they really establish themselves. It could be thrips instead, but it is difficult to tell from pictures. Good luck! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

yes, the white dots are bugs, i spray them with insecticidal soap (potassium soap) and it works fine, but they came back in a few days, i should spray them regularly buy i don`t have the time sometimes.
thank you!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

+1

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Looking at the various containers you used for grow pots, if you didn't drill drain holes that's the probable cause that they are staying too wet

Also, doesn't look like you mixed vermiculite, which helps aerate the soil mix

hth

deletex

deletex

Looking at the various containers you used for grow pots, if you didn't drill drain holes that's the probable cause that they are staying too wet

Also, doesn't look like you mixed vermiculite, which helps aerate the soil mix

hth

They do have holes, but they dont have perlite, i will put it next time.
The brown spots haven't continued, so it probably was excesive water, i'm now faceing only yellowing of the oldest fan leaves, you can see in the new pictures, what can you recomend me???
Thank you all for your time!

20200213 221104
20200213 221114
deletex

deletex

If you've got good vigorous new growth, you can remove the yellowed leaves..they usually don't heal anyway..
yes, but if you look in the first picture you can see the next leaves are already light green so in a week they are going yellow and next they are going to fall off, and these plants aren`t growing as fast as the others, can it be a nitrogen deficiency?

deletex

deletex

Hello Friends, overwatering wasnt the main problem, but the browning on the leaves stoped, it was my main goal. But now, a lot of the bottom fan leaves are yellowing and falling, what could it be? Is it normal in early flowering? I wait till they are a bit droopy to water them, is that wrong?

20200229 162554
20200229 162546
20200229 162528
20200229 162523
20200229 162513
Madbud

Madbud

Chalk it up to experience and ride it out. Gotta stop spraying in flower. Those containers would be ok for a quick 90 day grow but after that the roots get balled, the leaves turn yellow and she locks up. Jmo

deletex

deletex

Chalk it up to experience and ride it out. Gotta stop spraying in flower. Those containers would be ok for a quick 90 day grow but after that the roots get balled, the leaves turn yellow and she locks up. Jmo
thank you, what do you mean stop spraying in flower?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hello Friends, overwatering wasnt the main problem, but the browning on the leaves stoped, it was my main goal. But now, a lot of the bottom fan leaves are yellowing and falling, what could it be? Is it normal in early flowering? I wait till they are a bit droopy to water them, is that wrong?
you've got some kind of a bug issue going on, check underneath the leaves with magnification
Screenshot 20200229 153715 Chrome
Screenshot 20200229 153722 Chrome

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

Grab a leaf and break it off. Does it break off with a crisp or is it like rubbery breaking off?

Latest posts

Top Bottom