Need help identifying a grow problem

• Thread starter Cs831635
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cs831635

Cs831635

Hello,

I have a 4 week old auto flower northern lights plant that is growing in fox farm ocean forest and perlite with no added nutrients. I noticed at week 2 there were these yellow rust splotches that showed up on 2 leaves. It seemed to go away and now I’m noticing it again. Can anyone identify the problem? I’ve attached a picture to show.

Need help identifying a grow problem
Need help identifying a grow problem 2
Need help identifying a grow problem 3
Need help identifying a grow problem 4
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I sprayed neem oil because I saw a couple small gnats buzzing around but I don’t think I have a full blown infestation and I’m not seeing any more gnats
BTI, aka mosquito bits or dunks kills fungus gnats not neem oil as far as I know

That link told you how to test if that was rust fungus by rubbing it with your fingers and seeing if rust color comes off on your fingers

Not exactly a typical presentation, but my guess is it's a calcium issue caused by something going on in your soil, doing a slurry test & posting results would tell you for sure

Cs831635

Cs831635

BTI, aka mosquito bits or dunks kills fungus gnats not neem oil as far as I know

That link told you how to test if that was rust fungus by rubbing it with your fingers and seeing if rust color comes off on your fingers

Not exactly a typical presentation, but my guess is it's a calcium issue caused by something going on in your soil, doing a slurry test & posting results would tell you for sure
Thanks so much for your help! I really appreciate it!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thanks I’ll give it a try. Just thought fox farms ocean forest had enough nutrients for an auto grow.
Generally it does particularly for a plant that small which hasn't been in the soil very long, that's why I suggested you may have some issue with your soil such as low PH, High PPM Etc, & suggested you do a slurry test to find out rather than just guessing &/or adding this or that, good luck.

Cs831635

Cs831635

Generally it does particularly for a plant that small which hasn't been in the soil very long, that's why I suggested you may have some issue with your soil such as low PH, High PPM Etc, & suggested you do a slurry test to find out rather than just guessing &/or adding this or that, good luck.
Thank you

Top Bottom