Need Help Identifying a Symptom

• Thread starter Stay here
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stay here

Stay here

180ml each is not nearly enough solution. You need upwards of 200 - 300ml each per event. Do this throughout the day, every day at 2 hour intervals give or take.

Only do maintenance flushes if you have good reason to, not just because it seems like the right thing to do. For instance, I only do a maintenance flush if (a) a timer fucks up (b) an event is missed because of some other circumstance (c) right before flip or (d) the runoff EC is off somehow. Otherwise, it's regularly scheduled programming.
@tobh Thank you for your valuable input friend. Just FYI, my setup is Sea of Green, which means small trees. When I was starting to configure the drip system, I tested each 6x6 for a 15% runoff and it took around 750 mil each to get the 15%.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
@tobh Thank you for your valuable input friend. Just FYI, my setup is Sea of Green, which means small trees. When I was starting to configure the drip system, I tested each 6x6 for a 15% runoff and it took around 750 mil each to get the 15%.
alright, at 750ml to hit 15% runoff, let's do some basic math here. You want to see first runoff by the third shot. 750/3 = 250ml per shot. This should get the media to field capacity by the third shot, and the remaining shots throughout the day will ensure adequate flushing of the media to maintain ideal pH and EC. Accounting for overnight dryback, if you don't see runoff by the third shot, bump up the volume to 300ml per shot and tune from there.

I would bump up the number of fertigations to seven or eight per day during lights on. This will ensure the media content stays ideal and you won't have to be doing maintenance flushes or seeing signs of toxicity or deficiencies unless something is screwed up with your nutrient solution.

Stay here

Stay here

Solid advice right there ☝
@Dirtbag I just finished flushing. I used a hose to flush them, to make sure all the surface is covered. However, the PPM is still way high around 2000-3000 and the PH is 5.6-5.7. Should I just leave them alone or continue with another 100 gallon of water?

Stay here

Stay here

alright, at 750ml to hit 15% runoff, let's do some basic math here. You want to see first runoff by the third shot. 750/3 = 250ml per shot. This should get the media to field capacity by the third shot, and the remaining shots throughout the day will ensure adequate flushing of the media to maintain ideal pH and EC. Accounting for overnight dryback, if you don't see runoff by the third shot, bump up the volume to 300ml per shot and tune from there.

I would bump up the number of fertigations to seven or eight per day during lights on. This will ensure the media content stays ideal and you won't have to be doing maintenance flushes or seeing signs of toxicity or deficiencies unless something is screwed up with your nutrient solution.
@tobh I just finished flushing but the ppm of the runoff is still around 2000-3000 range and ph is around 5.6-5.7. Should I continue with another 100 gallon but with half strength nutrients or with clean water once again? I know you mentioned something called osmotic which raptures the cells when flushed too much too quickly.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
@Dirtbag I just finished flushing. I used a hose to flush them, to make sure all the surface is covered. However, the PPM is still way high around 2000-3000 and the PH is 5.6-5.7. Should I just leave them alone or continue with another 100 gallon of water?
Keep going until runoff comes out closer to 7-800ppm. But flush with a mild nutrient solution, like 250ppm, not just plain water.
When you see runoff around 800, then give them a feeding around 750 and go from there.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
keep flushing. you need that media to be WAY down. until the runoff is reading the same as whatever you're putting in, keep flushing. And always use some level of nutrients in your flushes otherwise you're going to shock the plant.

Stay here

Stay here

Keep going until runoff comes out closer to 7-800ppm. But flush with a mild nutrient solution, like 250ppm, not just plain water.
When you see runoff around 800, then give them a feeding around 750 and go from there.
@Dirtbag Ok, will do. BTW, I use tap water which already is around 200 ppm. Should I still mix some small amount of nutes, or I’m good to go with this? Thank you.

Stay here

Stay here

@Aqua Man Thank you as well my friend. It’s good to have you guys around when one is stuck. I‘s been really crazy. For sure this business requires a great deal of work and dedication and knowledge.

Top Bottom