Need help identifying issue please

• Thread starter Scolymia7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Scolymia7

Scolymia7

1 of the 4 strains I have seems to be struggling.

Room
Temps 80-82°f
Humidity 55-60%
3 good fans
Air scrubber
Cleaned regularly with bleach water

3 gal Air pots, coco perilite mix

Nutes
Lucas formula
Calmag (10ml )
1.5 ml bleach in 5gal bucket
Ph 5.8-6.0

Auto drip system feeds small once an hour. I check run off daily and it's 800. I rotate between a weak, medium, and full strength. Which just means in a 5 gal buck full strength lucas is 40ml micro, 80 ml bloom, medium is 32 ml micro, 64 ml bloom and weak is 24 ml micro 48ml bloom. Personally Ive found when adjusting lucas is best to keep the 8/16 ratio and dilute it. Full strength with calmag is about 1050 ppm medium is about 750 and weak 500. I rotate to prevent salt build up. Most of the time i use full strength and medium. Weak is for young clones and bi weekly flush. Which isn't necessarily a "flush" more a hand watering to push salts out of areas that might not get touched by drip system. I dont use plain water.

My other strains look healthly and growing into bushes. They look a little wilted now but they just got a heavy defol and I spaced off on raising lights and they were about 8 inches from the hlg600.

The two plants im concerned about are the same strain. Since clone the leaves looked different. The growth has been slow and alot of purple in stems. The clones I took from them heavily rooted in 12 days in plain ro water.

I'm switching to flower here soon and know I'm not going to fix what ever is ailing these 2. If they don't produce so be it but the others are already bigger than I wanted hoping these two would catchup. So it is what is unfortunetly. Trying to look at my next grow. Ive tried adjusting calmag, turning off their water supply every other day. I peeled back some of the clay pebbles/coco and their roots look great(white and fuzzy).

I'm not sure if this is a nutrient deficiency of some kind since its just 1 of the 4 strains I have effected.

Or is this disease related?

I have scoped multiple leaves, multiple areas of stem, and I haven't found anything moving. All other plants minus these 2 look great minus being to big for my small room.

All advice appreciated

Need help identifying issue please
Need help identifying issue please 2
Need help identifying issue please 3
Need help identifying issue please 4
Need help identifying issue please 5
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Im thinking bugs...how powerful is your scope? 60x or closer to 120x?

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

I dont recall what zoom I went up to, but the microscope I have goes up to 1000x. I looked up different variations of mites/pests. I took samples from various leaves, stems, did slurry with coco and made a few slides. Not much there, but im no botanist haha. I also just used a magnifying glass and looked around, couldn't find anything. All I get are occasional gnats/spiders on the yellow sticky traps.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

How big are the pots you have'em in? Just cuz your scope says it is 1000x doesnt mean it actually is. Thats usually bullshit from mfg'er....lol....mites need a good 120x scope to see them.

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

3 gal Air pots.

This isn't a lab grade microscope but its also not the cheap one you'd get at a hobby lobby. Ive made slides with samples from my reef tank. Pretty sure If I can see cells from corals mites or their eggs should be visible.

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

I never really had any issues with any bugs or diffencies I use living soil but yeah could b some type bug theraly check em

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

3 gal Air pots.

This isn't a lab grade microscope but its also not the cheap one you'd get at a hobby lobby. Ive made slides with samples from my reef tank. Pretty sure If I can see cells from corals mites or their eggs should be visible.
Id start at the top and then work down. Concentrate on the tops and bottoms of the plants showing signs. Undersides of leaves, and alomg the ribs near the petoiles.

Pot bound plants can do weird things. Not saying that is the case here. You really gotta look hard...look as much as possible...not kidding either

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

I'll take more samples and give it a look. Its fun looking at things under the scope. Thanks!

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

1 of the 4 strains I have seems to be struggling.

Room
Temps 80-82°f
Humidity 55-60%
3 good fans
Air scrubber
Cleaned regularly with bleach water

3 gal Air pots, coco perilite mix

Nutes
Lucas formula
Calmag (10ml )
1.5 ml bleach in 5gal bucket
Ph 5.8-6.0

Auto drip system feeds small once an hour. I check run off daily and it's 800. I rotate between a weak, medium, and full strength. Which just means in a 5 gal buck full strength lucas is 40ml micro, 80 ml bloom, medium is 32 ml micro, 64 ml bloom and weak is 24 ml micro 48ml bloom. Personally Ive found when adjusting lucas is best to keep the 8/16 ratio and dilute it. Full strength with calmag is about 1050 ppm medium is about 750 and weak 500. I rotate to prevent salt build up. Most of the time i use full strength and medium. Weak is for young clones and bi weekly flush. Which isn't necessarily a "flush" more a hand watering to push salts out of areas that might not get touched by drip system. I dont use plain water.

My other strains look healthly and growing into bushes. They look a little wilted now but they just got a heavy defol and I spaced off on raising lights and they were about 8 inches from the hlg600.

The two plants im concerned about are the same strain. Since clone the leaves looked different. The growth has been slow and alot of purple in stems. The clones I took from them heavily rooted in 12 days in plain ro water.

I'm switching to flower here soon and know I'm not going to fix what ever is ailing these 2. If they don't produce so be it but the others are already bigger than I wanted hoping these two would catchup. So it is what is unfortunetly. Trying to look at my next grow. Ive tried adjusting calmag, turning off their water supply every other day. I peeled back some of the clay pebbles/coco and their roots look great(white and fuzzy).

I'm not sure if this is a nutrient deficiency of some kind since its just 1 of the 4 strains I have effected.

Or is this disease related?

I have scoped multiple leaves, multiple areas of stem, and I haven't found anything moving. All other plants minus these 2 look great minus being to big for my small room.

All advice appreciated
1.5 ml of bleach as a nute, how’s that work

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

It's not a nute
1.5 ml of bleach as a nute, how’s that work
It's a mild sterilizer. I have well water not city, so things build up if unchecked. I don't think it has any play on the plants or coco at that that amount in 5 gallons I just included it so everything that goes in my pots is listed for better help. The drip system I use has small tubes/plumbing. The bleach keeps everything at bay. If I don't use it a thin film builds up on my pump/buckets. Also a mild odor.

If I was on city water I wouldn't use it.

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

It's not a nute

It's a mild sterilizer. I have well water not city, so things build up if unchecked. I don't think it has any play on the plants or coco at that that amount in 5 gallons I just included it so everything that goes in my pots is listed for better help. The drip system I use has small tubes/plumbing. The bleach keeps everything at bay. If I don't use it a thin film builds up on my pump/buckets. Also a mild odor.

If I was on city water I wouldn't use it.
Thank you, good info

Latest posts

Top Bottom