Need help identifying pest

• Thread starter gumby420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gumby420

gumby420

Well unfortunately ive been spending waaay too much time here in the cannabis infirmary...ive battled mites and fungus gnats with the farms help, lets see what the hell this is....i thought i had a severe cal mag deficiency, which it was a little, but after adding a little more that didnt seem to help much. new growth now looks very health but starts looking a little rusty after about a week. i bought some new yellow fly traps and laid them ontop of the soil of each pot and came back a few hours later to this...any have a clew what these are? thanks farm
Need help identifying pest
Need help identifying pest 2
Need help identifying pest 3
Need help identifying pest 4
Need help identifying pest 5

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

Hey dude I would tend to lean towards aphids it hard for me to confirm from just the pics you have posted. It also looks to me that you may be experiencing some other sort of deficiency along with a minor aphid or other pest infection. You gotta wipe them pests out before it turns into an infestation. Everyone's pest removal methods are different I would suggest natural predators if its an option. Chemical warfare is always my last option but it is always an option.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I cannot claim at all to be able to see or identify what those buglets on the card are.

Offhand though, it does look to me as though you're dealing with some deficiencies or uptake issues, P and K are what I'm seeing. Also see some crinkling that might be associated with pH parameters.

Pisces

Pisces

I agree with Seamaiden and I hate to ask this….but is there any way you can get a clearer shot of those sticky traps.

Cort

Cort

Should be a Macro button on camera. It is for close ups. Try bringing the card into a soft white light to take better pics.

Fliers on the card + deficiencies.... id lean to RA also. Cant confirm without better visual.

SpiderK

SpiderK

So is it a total bug pandemic across cali / colo ..... Clone exchange blowback ? Many post like this the last few months or so across the net.

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

So is it a total bug pandemic across cali / colo ..... Clone exchange blowback ? Many post like this the last few months or so across the net.

Government cropdusting bugs in cali/colo :hungover:

Dunge

Dunge

That one enlarged pic looks to me like a line of turds left by something eating your stick trap glue.
WTF!

gumby420

gumby420

Should be a Macro button on camera. It is for close ups. Try bringing the card into a soft white light to take better pics.

Fliers on the card + deficiencies.... id lean to RA also. Cant confirm without better visual.

all the cards were brand new, i left the room for about 45 minutes and came back to this. all cards were ontop of the soil so they arent fliers, havent seen fliers on my hanging sticky traps in a while. these pics were taken under soft light, these bugs are SMALL. first pic is with a normal lens, the second is with a macro lens. i dont see how it would be ph isssues, its right at 6.8. deficiencies would be weird cause they were recently transplanted into 20 gallons of fresh soil. the one deficiency i could think of would be cal mag but ive upped my dose on that the last few waterings and have already noticed improvement.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah, I see no fliers and in my experience they're not that difficult to get pix of. Now, aphids on the roots may be a different issue, those proved too small for me to identify by myself with the magnification I had on hand.

I don't see a Ca- or a Mg- (there is no such thing as a calmag deficiency). I've seen plenty of P- and K- to know 'em when I see 'em, that's what I see.

It doesn't matter to the plant what the pH number is, either it's happy with it or it isn't. I would allow some ranging, pushing down then allowing to come back up. That may also help address the deficiencies.

Perhaps we shouldn't be calling them deficiencies, perhaps they should be considered imbalances. Something's up, that's for sure, and I doubt it's those tiny bugs you've photographed.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

really hard to tell from the pics. it might be springtails. The only reason why i assume so is because of the size and the abundance of them on the card.

sixstring

sixstring

If that only took 45 mins you are infested bad and the plants will show signs of many deficiency in these cases.but killing those bugs will probably help turn the plants around.i would say root aphids without better pics.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Springtails

a bit similar. But the pics dude originally posted, the bugs look evenly round on both ends. springtails have a wider abdomen and rear with a smaller head... they also have two antenna which i dont see on the card either. Shit almost looks like something from the beetle family

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

Im almost positive you will find your pest problem to be aphids. Also do not underestimate the size of a pest invasion/infestation or the size of the pest itself. Even a small population of pests can have extreamly negative side effects on sensative and even hybrid vigorous plants. Pests alone can cause unhealthy plants especially root aphids, unhealthy plants will not take up nutes properly causing lock outs. Not that your plants are totally unhealthy they just need a lil TLC. I also agree with seamaiden clear signs of P and K deficiency in the pics you posted. I would get on some sort of pest control and flush the shit outta any and all plants showing signs of deficiencies. Without a doubt thoes are later stages of a P deficiency in pic 3 and 4.
Edit: I always flush flush flush before adding more nutes when I see signs. Adding more cal or mag or any nutes for that matter is not going to fix a lock out only make things worse.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom