Need Help Identifying Source of Plant Problems

• Thread starter Grow.n
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grow.n

Grow.n

Hello! I’m a new grower attempting an indoor grow for the first time. Attached below are my two plants, Blueberry and Purple Punch. As you can see, there’s significant wilting occurring with yellow spots on the leaves.

Here are my conditions for the plants: 1 inline duct fan circulating air/CO2, 1x 900w philizon full spec LED grow light, and a compost & Loam bedding mixed with perlite @ 6.5pH.

I got the clones on 4/21, and they were slightly droopy on the 3 hr ride to my destination. Ever since, I have not seen the leaves perk up. I let them adjust to their new environment over night, then transplanted them into gallon jugs w/ just a Loam bedding.
I believe I overwatered when I transplanted, but I tried to fix their situation by changing the mix to a healthier/ better draining blend.

If anyone can provide me with some experienced insight, I would be incredibly appreciative.
Thanks,

Grow’n

Need help identifying source of plant problems
Need help identifying source of plant problems 2
Need help identifying source of plant problems 3
Need help identifying source of plant problems 4
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Definately root issues. I'm a hydro grower so I'm not going to comment on the soil which may be a problem down the road?

What's going on here:

Transplant shock is obvious.

Did they have spots or wilting when you picked them up?

To ease transplant shock and root issues I would:

water the soil I'm transplanting into 24 hrs before transplant then not water for a week or so depending on pot size.

Make sure my humidity is over 60% and even up to 75% for a few days. This will ease the stress on the roots to provide water.

Lower the light intensity as that drives growth and puts more stress on the roots.

Make sure temps stay between 70-80f preferably 75-77f.

Do not add nutrients until it perks back up.

Those containers are no good for cannabis. But do not transplant again until they recover.

Just my thoughts on this.

Grow.n

Grow.n

Thank you for the advice. I let the plants stay in natural light to adjust and set roots into soil, staved off on the nutrients for a bit, and let it do its magic. So far they have recovered well, but I’m now wondering how to best take care of the yellowed/dying leaves that look borderline too far gone. I can upload pics later for reference, but for now, should I trim the entire stem to the main branch or trim a little below the leaf?
Also right now this is the best container I have while my two pots are shipping. Will try your idea of watering new soil before 24h before transplanting!

Once again thank you for the informative answer friend!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you for the advice. I let the plants stay in natural light to adjust and set roots into soil, staved off on the nutrients for a bit, and let it do its magic. So far they have recovered well, but I’m now wondering how to best take care of the yellowed/dying leaves that look borderline too far gone. I can upload pics later for reference, but for now, should I trim the entire stem to the main branch or trim a little below the leaf?
Also right now this is the best container I have while my two pots are shipping. Will try your idea of watering new soil before 24h before transplanting!

Once again thank you for the informative answer friend!
I wouldn't remove anything from the plant. It will cannibalize them of stored nutrients and when it's done it will drop them.

Jesshaslostit

Jesshaslostit

Ooh those are some angry plants. They will perk back up. Don’t water for a couple days. Do u know if it had nutrients anytime before you got it? If so do u know what? Is there any nutes in your soil? Don’t pull off the leaves. They will always look like that but once u fix the issue it won’t spread to new growth and will start growing healthy again.

Grow.n

Grow.n

Jesshaslostit, thank you for the advice. The plants have actually picked up quite nicely already, and just got watered again today! I’m sure the clones received nutrients before, but I’m not sure what kind. My soil is a loam and compost mix from a local gardening center so some natural nutrients, and I added very light grow nutrients into the water today to replenish nutes.

82EE47DF EA0B 48CF B380 C75414111661
0A030BC3 FCB7 42BF 9CF1 CD7923DDE57E
90DBACE1 6E5B 4798 8E47 52D6C177E253
B36429D8 90A7 43FA 8107 994DE4D5AAAA
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Jesshaslostit, thank you for the advice. The plants have actually picked up quite nicely already, and just got watered again today! I’m sure the clones received nutrients before, but I’m not sure what kind. My soil is a loam and compost mix from a local gardening center so some natural nutrients, and I added very light grow nutrients into the water today to replenish nutes.
Very nice turn around 👍 well done

Latest posts

Top Bottom