Need help identifying what this is!

• Thread starter The_Dank_Wizard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Could be some type of bacteria theres a dark conentric ring around those spots. If you had yellow haloing around the outside of the dark ring. I would say possibly leaf septoria...

but cant say 4sure

Whole plant pic.

Any bugs?

Edit: did you have these same spots on those leaves before they turned yellow? Are there spots on tbe yellow leaves?

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
First time grower and I’m not sure what kind of deficiency this is.
i think you may have some root issues, possibly some rot?, is there drainage in those pots?
also hard to tell by pics but those plants look to big for those pots, probably needs a transplant.. roots could be root bound..

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Heres an idea of what im talking about....im not saying this is what you have...good info regardless

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

Heres an idea of what im talking about....im not saying this is what you have...good info regardless
yes thinking too, probably overwatering root bound plants over time.,

The_Dank_Wizard

The_Dank_Wizard

I haven’t done any foliage sprays recently . I have 3 plants and 2 have been showing the same signs. I’ve been feeding with a general hydroponics blend and a small amount of unsulphured blackstrap molasses. I’m growing in 10” terracotta pots and some roots have started to grow out the bottom of the pot, but I am growing auto flowers so I don’t think I can transplant them.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok well snip off those bad yellow leaves and anything else badly infected?
don’t go crazy!
clean up any dead plant material lying around and get rid of it, though your grow looks clean.
plants don’t look bad.
start with that..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
maybe a solo cup challenge grower can help better..
i’m not saying too but i’m sure you can snip the roots that are growing out of the pot..
fyi i haven’t ever grown auto’s..

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I haven’t done any foliage sprays recently . I have 3 plants and 2 have been showing the same signs. I’ve been feeding with a general hydroponics blend and a small amount of unsulphured blackstrap molasses. I’m growing in 10” terracotta pots and some roots have started to grow out the bottom of the pot, but I am growing auto flowers so I don’t think I can transplant them.
You see the fishboning like roots coming out the bottom? I read that when roots are straight out and no branching of the roots. It means they arent in search of foid cuz they are getting what they need.

Fishbone roots or roots that grow off the straightroot are in search of food...potbound for sure. Plants want food the roots cant really find. Well fed plants' roots dont grow everywhere...they dont branch out all overhell...i could be wrong...lol

If this makes no sense let me know

Autos! Ooppss! Bye...ive never grown them...ive heard repotting them is not good too....

Last edited:
The_Dank_Wizard

The_Dank_Wizard

You see the fishboning like roots coming out the bottom? I read that when roots are straight out and no branching of the roots. It means they arent in search of foid cuz they are getting what they need.

Fishbone roots or roots that grow off the straightroot are in search of food...potbound for sure. Plants want food the roots cant really find.

If this makes no sense let me know

The_Dank_Wizard

The_Dank_Wizard

That makes perfect sense, do you think i should increase nutrients and not repot or should i repot. Im only hesitant to repot because these are auto flowers and they are in their 5th week.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Roots will grow anywhere there is enough moisture... the fact the are coming out tells me a bit of water left in the trays. It's not a big issue they will air prune themselves or cut en off. I would definitely use different pots next time.

Some good advice above... clean them up and get rid of it. Then I'd probably flush and feed light. Thinking it could be lockout due to PH, salinity, compact soil or watering practices.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

That makes perfect sense, do you think i should increase nutrients and not repot or should i repot. Im only hesitant to repot because these are auto flowers and they are in their 5th week.

Ask someone from the coco tnread! Next time use a bigger pot. Like 3x bigger volume wise than the one you are using. Sounds like autos you really got to plan ahead pot size wise and ferts too...these are ?'s for someone else....auto thread and try to find someone with autofeed exp....

The_Dank_Wizard

The_Dank_Wizard

Got her transplanted and a little lst to keep it away from the lights. Hoping for the best. Thanks for your help everyone.

Goodthingsgrow

Goodthingsgrow

What’s the ph of your water? Start there. Looks like multiple deficiencies probably caused by ph lockout.

The_Dank_Wizard

The_Dank_Wizard

What’s the ph of your water? Start there. Looks like multiple deficiencies probably caused by ph lockout.
I’ve been varying the ph between 6.2-6.8 with the water coming out of the saucer reading roughly the same ph as what went in

Top Bottom