need help immediately with plant stems

• Thread starter ryankos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ryankos

ryankos

hi I'm on my very first grow I have a DWC system. My plants are three weeks old and have some what looks like rotting going on in the lower stems. Anything helps

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

I'm assuming that you have a portion of the stem that is getting wet regularly. Just do something to stop it from getting wet.

ryankos

ryankos

Ok fixed that but the stems took a bad beating do you think they can recover?

Full.Melt

Full.Melt

this just happened to one of my plants.it was the hydrocorn cutting up the stems.

ryankos

ryankos

almost all of the top looks fine except for one of them, all the leaves are starting to shrivel up. I just really Don't want to start over but if I have to I was thinking about maybe cloning them I don't know still need some help please and thank you. and if I do have to start over at least this time I know what to look out for

S

ssteely71

I have no experience with hydroton. But. I believe if you give it what it needs it can recover. Best of luck.

jammie

jammie

i have a lot of experience with hygroton, and it isn't going to do that to your stem. i suspect you have some kind of fungal infection, similiar to damping off

ryankos

ryankos

oh yeah it's definitely fungal. I lower the water in the reservoir so Stem is staying dry I'm treating it with hydrogen peroxide I just don't know if there is something else nutrient wise I should I add?

squiggly

squiggly

You can add some hope. I think that's about all you've got left right now. I'd start rooting some cuttings now if it were me.

Top Bottom