Need help, ive never had this happen

• Thread starter Gingercat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I'm not a coco grower but i think the advice being given is to take care of the Mg deficiency first and foremost. Give it a light feeding with your nutrients along with the added Epsom salt as mentioned above. I wouldn't add CalMag this feeding since it's not showing a Calcium deficiency and you'll be giving it quite a bit of Mg with the Epsom salt. Then go back to your regular feed schedule and figure out how much CalMag you need to supplement. Again, I'm not a coco grower so i really don't know how much CalMag is usually necessary.
Exactly this ^^

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

I like to dissolve Epsom salt in a little bit of water (shot glass) and then add. It doesn't dissolve instantly and usually needs quite a bit of agitation and helping along.
Dissolving in warm water helps. Just cool it back down before feeding.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

1 thing i should mention, watch the damage on the leaves to see if it progresses but old damage doesnt heal. Its not uncommon for old damage to look worse once youre fixing the problem. Iif the damage was bad enough those parts of the leaves are dead and youre seeing that, be careful you dont confuse that with still having a problem. If the damage isnt spreading, then youve got it fixed. I have a strong feeling that its a mix of magnesium deficiency and poor watering practices. Get those 2 sorted out and they should recover just fine. As a suggestion, even if you arent seeing problems with the other plants yet, you should check them too. Magnesium deficiencies take time to show and its possible they just arent showing yet. Im only thinking about the other plants too because your runoff was a higher ppm than your input and im going to guess you were feeding the other plants the same way. So if you havent yet, you might want to check the others too.

Gingercat

Gingercat

1 thing i should mention, watch the damage on the leaves to see if it progresses but old damage doesnt heal. Its not uncommon for old damage to look worse once youre fixing the problem. Iif the damage was bad enough those parts of the leaves are dead and youre seeing that, be careful you dont confuse that with still having a problem. If the damage isnt spreading, then youve got it fixed. I have a strong feeling that its a mix of magnesium deficiency and poor watering practices. Get those 2 sorted out and they should recover just fine. As a suggestion, even if you arent seeing problems with the other plants yet, you should check them too. Magnesium deficiencies take time to show and its possible they just arent showing yet. Im only thinking about the other plants too because your runoff was a higher ppm than your input and im going to guess you were feeding the other plants the same way. So if you havent yet, you might want to check the others too.
The runoff was 485 on the other 2 but am paying closer attention to all of them

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

As advised watering needs adjusted and that light appears to be the major issue. What light and how close?

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Thats 1 difference i have to keep pointing out between LED and HID. With MH/HPS, you can go by the heat, if its too warm for the back of your hand, its too close. But LED does not emit the same heat and there is often a bunch of UV and IR light that you cant visibly see so it is very very easy to give the plants real light burn without even noticing any heat.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Thats 1 difference i have to keep pointing out between LED and HID. With MH/HPS, you can go by the heat, if its too warm for the back of your hand, its too close. But LED does not emit the same heat and there is often a bunch of UV and IR light that you cant visibly see so it is very very easy to give the plants real light burn without even noticing any heat.
Which is exactly why I love the dimmer knob. Instead of reducing the energy of the photons, it just cuts the number of photons.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Hey welcome back Mr. Fishman! All rested? Yeah, like that happens... 🤪 😂

Top Bottom