Need help! Light malfunction!

• Thread starter Roskito
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Roskito

So I just setup a room with a used 1000 watt ballast that has mh/hps switch. I put a new mh bulb in and it was working fine... Until I walked in this morning a the light was off. No breakers were tripped but I did notice the switch to the ballast was set to hps while I had the mh bulb in there( accidentally flipped the switch while cleaning). When I set theswitch for mh and turn it on I only see a small blue orb at the base of the bulb. It won't fire up. Did I burn the bulb out? Or is the old ballast screwed up? Need help quick cuz seeds are comin up

J

Jalisco Kid

I doubt putting an igniter online would kill an MH bulb. I have to ask how long did you try to let the bulb fire? I would buy another bulb,you need one as a backup anyway. If money is tight buy a cheap one. If you have a mutimeter you can check the voltage at the socket. JK

I would grab a t-5 fixture for seeds,you can get closer internodes with a florescent then a 1000 MH(in the beginning)

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
I've seen it happen in a friend's room. As I recall, they switched ballast and bulb but had ballast tested and it was ok??? Memory...

R

Roskito

Thank you guys. I think the bulb fired up and was running for a few hours. It was on when I locked up last night, didn't touch the switch until after. I had an old spare bulb, but I tried that before realizing the switch was in the wrong setting (idiot)! So it's doing the same thing. That's why I was thinking ballast. I'm running off to buy another bulb and maybe new ballast if they're cheap enough. Can't hurt to have a backup.

Top Bottom