need help .....light movers?

• Thread starter freegrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
does anyone have pics of girls growing under one or comments of farmers that use them all input is welcome thank you:harvest:

phenotyper

phenotyper

Hi! I use a light mover in my 5x5x6.5 Secret Jardin150. I have the lightrail 3.5 mounted on a 2x4 along the diagonal of my tent. The 1000w moves back and forth with about a 15 second pause on each end.

I could never grow plants as large as I do in this tent without a mover or another light (which cannot happen at the current time). I would say, if you can get another light do that, otherwise, this was the best ~$150 I have EVER spent to increase yield.

Here you can see my light at the far end of the tent.

http://farm6.static.invalid.com/5017/5432198353_7e217f6955_b.jpg

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

P

primeform

work great to increase veg space. never used them in flower

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
hey oside .......looks like your moving for cool temps ? was wanting to know about the coverage too... can one 1k light cover 5'x10' grow area as well as two 1k lights for budget sake ........does it let you get them closer ? and does it help temps? you know the old pros and cons bit thanks for the pics and info look foward to more about temp , distance from canopy and coverage thanks oside:harvest:

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
hey pheno thought i posted a reply to your answer dont know where it went thanks all my questions are in the later reply to oside please more info thanks

osidecannabis

osidecannabis

they say the a light rail will make a bulb 30% more efficient, so i do not think you would get the same results but is very doable.

the cons first, its harder to setup a cooling system. thats it.

they dont seem to make them run cooler and i dont hang my lights any lower. the even growth is the best benefit. and they do increase your yield.

T

treehugger

was wanting to know about the coverage too... can one 1k light cover 5'x10' grow area as well as two 1k lights for budget sake ........does it let you get them closer ? and does it help temps?

More like 4x7 for hard results. You can, and should get your lamps as close to the canopy as possible, that's how you get the most hard bud. With air-cooling and glass, you can get the lamps 12 inch's from the colas, your internodal distances will be shorter, and there will be no larf for the bubblebags...

Of course, light movers work best in small-ops to maximize results, in high wattage rationals the math doesn't work as well.

osidecannabis

osidecannabis

Of course, light movers work best in small-ops to maximize results, in high wattage rationals the math doesn't work as well.

on what experience do you base this on, because you are very wrong. adding a 5watt motor to make a 1000watt bulb 30% more efficient makes it very worth while. thats not an opinion. for example one light rail 5 system is capable of moving 9 1000 hps. that complete system cost around $600 and only draws 10watts. so now we have 9000watts acting like 12,000watts for only 10 watts. DO THE MATH.

be careful about these people with little to no knowledge and experience in growing.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

on what experience do you base this on, because you are very wrong. adding a 5watt motor to make a 1000watt bulb 30% more efficient makes it very worth while. thats not an opinion. for example one light rail 5 system is capable of moving 9 1000 hps. that complete system cost around $600 and only draws 10watts. so now we have 9000watts acting like 12,000watts for only 10 watts. DO THE MATH.

be careful about these people with little to no knowledge and experience in growing.

+1

btw: i use a couple suntwists and they haven't even made them for 5 years or better so that should tell you how much i like em

fwiw

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
thanks oside very informative think i am going with the 3.5 rail for sure now i have a non air cooled open econowing on 600w hps but alot of air movement two fans and an 5000btu ac blowing right at the light .....i keep it like 9"to 15" away from canopy no heat stress 73 degrees most of the time
thanks oside and all keep farming:harvest:

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
love that avitar oside bubbles is the shit .............somethings fucky

Top Bottom