Need help Lower N in soil

• Thread starter CrippledArcher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Need help to Lower Nitrogen in soil

Due to a mis hap at the beginning of the grow, 2 -1G pot were given 1 cup of top cover of 10-5-1 Guano. They are showing N tox very dark green slower growth yellow spots on lower leaves. After testing 1 week apart and 3 waterings the soil tester is bright red for N,is there a safe organic way to lower it back down,or should she just ride it out ?

42 views and no Help, Come on Farmers help a man out :sweating

Blaze

Blaze

If you top dressed the you should be able to simply remove the top layer of the soil, which would contain most of the high N guano.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Barring that, how about a huge dose of molasses, assuming you already have a micro-herd going? Basically the premise is this--boost the numbers of microbes that consume nitrogen and while they're busily consuming it, it's not available for the plant to take up.

However, there's a caveat with that, because after they consume, they poop.

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Blaze:Well the top layer was worked in over time,(daily tilling until I found out not so good of and option :( Molasses could be an option, At current using 1 tblsp per gallon.What about using 2 or 3 ? Watering today.

Another Question, Never used any Epson salt in the brews, what is the amount per gallon of water recommendations?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Whoa... in my world 1T/gal is too much, I use that amount for a 5gal batch of nutrients for the most part. So much for the molasses in that event, you've already fed them.

MgSO4 is good at anywhere from 1/4tsp per gallon to 1tsp per gallon, I always go with 1/4tsp, because less is more.

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

So way to much ? Ooops been feeding 1T molasses 1T Liquid Seaweed per G every 3 days. 3 Plants at 6 weeks from seed , 2 are at 10in the other was topped she is at 14 and all are bushy as hell no spacing no stretching. So guess will go with 1/4 tsp in each G maybe not include molasses in the next few feedings,sound better ?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Next few feedings should be nothing but water if you're positive you've got an N toxicity. Let the plant grow into the available food, as it were.

What I was trying to say is that with the amount of molasses you're already feeding, the microherd, if there, won't grow much more unless you seriously increase the amount of molasses. And, at the amount you're using, that's not such a good idea.

Top Bottom