Need Help Making Good Shatter.

• Thread starter Farmer Pete
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Farmer Pete

I bought all this equipment and spend about $1000 and I only got one good product out of it and I have done 10 blast. I have looked everywhere online and everyone is using different equipment that I am. Much are open blasting and I am using a close loop. I know there's no real difference between the two just one safer. I have a vacuum chamber and a heating pad design for it. Most people are using a hotplate. Here is all my equipment.
Need help making good shatter

Need help making good shatter 2

Need help making good shatter 3

Need help making good shatter 4

And here is my one good time.
Need help making good shatter 8

After that is this.
Need help making good shatter 7
Need help making good shatter 6
Need help making good shatter 5

I am doing frequent oil changes in my vacuum pump. What am I doing wrong. If anyone with my equipment or knows how use my equipment give me a step-by-step from beginning to end that be really appreciated. Thanks

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Your temps are set too high.

Drop them down to 90-100 never exceeding 115.

The temps will vary with each strain you run so your gonna have to dick around in that aspect to find the right temps for each strain.

But start at 90 and go from there.

WesCyber

WesCyber

Yea I bought a Best Value Vacs set-up with a 3 gallon like you have and 2 of the square shatter vacs. Your product is buddering because of the tamp your heat pad is set at. Unfortunately that's all I can tell you because getting real info out of people is like trying to get them to sell you their first born child. Here is a website for you to check out that has factually correct info, but no videos or tutorials www.skunkpharmresearch.com

Good luck and if you find any good video tutorials I'd love to hear about them.

WhoopDeeDoo

WhoopDeeDoo

Like others have said......drop those temps!!!

Here @ 2400 ft elevation, we never exceed 95* F and consistently achieve a stable shatter!

xavier7995

xavier7995

Here is a website for you to check out that has factually correct info, but no videos or tutorials www.skunkpharmresearch.com

Good luck and if you find any good video tutorials I'd love to hear about them.

The fine fellow from there posts here and on ICmag on occasion, guy provides a wealth of information to people.

OP...you already got your answer:)

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Skunkpharm is a good site with really super good info.

Get a temp gun IR and hit that oil with it, then adjust your temp controller till the oil its self reads 90-95 and vac from there.

Keep notes on each strain and what temps it prefers, I always found sativas tolerate a much higher heat then indicas will.

F

Farmer Pete

Ok. I will run one at 100 and see what I get. But how long should it take to get a pure shatter.

F

Farmer Pete

OK but when I blast trim it comes out black stays black.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Are you grinding that shit up? cause if you are.. STOP! Do not grind TRIM!

2nd how old is the material? The only times i've ever seen black runs were done with alcohol and not butane... I've seen Green runs with butane but.. Never black.

scubascrog

scubascrog

yeah you are getting a LOT of plant matter in the blast, you need to make your coffee filter seal around the bottom better, when you are releasing the pressure its blowing back, either you arent at 100% vacuum in your catch can or the filter isn't set good enough.

scubascrog

scubascrog

and my friend who makes slabs does lower temps over the course of 30 hours give or take.

F

Farmer Pete

Can you put a coffee filter on a close loop extractor?
It came with this.

F

Farmer Pete

Another question is it OK to use a white coffee filters as of right now that's all I got. I read up and most people suggest not bleached

scubascrog

scubascrog

but if your trim is old and the heads are all amber I wouldnt expect a different color, blonde stuff comes from bud and trim thats still bright green, also you could be using too much butane for your run, the more you put through the material the more it brittles it and turns into dark green liquid

F

Farmer Pete

Ok. I will get unbleached. And blast this trim I got in the freezer For like 4 days now. N see what I get. Oh and how much filter should I use

Top Bottom