Need Help Making Sense Of Lab Results

• Thread starter cheech
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cheech

I had this strain I've been growing for a couple years lab tested to see if I couldn't sell some to the dispensaries (they require lab test).... Not sure if psi is reputable, but they are in Ann Arbor.

The dispensary that submitted by sample called me on the phone and said that it wasn't too high in thc, but that the cbd was good. Took the strain to 10.5 weeks as always. Have no idea if this sample nug was a top or bottom, or how that would influence the results.

From looking at the results, it looks like everything is low.

I can tell you that the smoke is a great day time high, assuming you want to just feel mellow. I personally prefer stronger weed over this, unless I'm going out in public.

Any insight is appreciated.
File page1

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I agree with you, Oscar. The THC numbers don't look all that bad to my eyes, either. It appears that they're testing for other cannabinoids as well, including CBG and CBC.

What testing method does this lab use? Just curious.

C

cheech

I have no idea seamaiden. I'll call and ask, but after reading another thread in this MI forum on test results, I'm wondering if they just aren't that accurate.

Someone mentioned that the thc % comes down if you cut late, and I always wait until the buds are fully ripe.

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

they used a gas chromatagraph with a mass spectrometer
says so on the top of the page
enzymes convert cbg into thc and thc degrades into cbn
your read out shows cbg that has not converted yet and no cbn so in theory....you could let it go longer
15% thc is pretty typical of most bud out there

fwiw

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
15% is good daytime smoke, like you said. That .5 cbn in my opinion, is what gives it a kick, maybe making you think it should be higher in thc.
But, It's a good cut you have.

Thanks for sharing this.
Peace

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
How much did it cost to get that test done?

The trichs look mostly clear. I use to cut that at 10 weeks and they would be mostly cloudy with some amber. That cut changed on me over the years and got more sativa. It use to be real indica. I started going 12 weeks but it lost the blueberry flavor to get more kick.

C

cheech

It was 35 for the test.

I noticed that the trichs looked clear in the photo too. I start the chop around day 72-74 and let the bottoms go another week or so.

The cut changed on you? Didn't know that was possible. The reasons I tell people this is a sativa is the fact that the buzz is 'uplifting', it stretches damn near 3x, and takes 10+ weeks to finish. That and I thought this dj short pre2k was known to lean sativa.

R

rascali

A lot of the color change you see in trichome heads at the end of flowering is caused by oxidative stress from environmental agents such as radiation, atmosphere and physical abrasion. From the color graduation in the pic it's evident that it is an interior aspect of the bud, which would be somewhat insulated from those negative elements. That's why using trichome color as the sole determinant for bud ripeness is really just like trying to judge a book by it's cover...

GLGC.MI

GLGC.MI

Yeah Just started using PSI they will also do a terpene test for a few dollars more. This was our first ever grow...kinda want to get it framed I'm so proud. Lol. Every thing is scaled for ratings so they actually give you a spectrum of levels.

IMG 0070
IMG 0069
jackwhite

jackwhite

Yeah Just started using PSI they will also do a terpene test for a few dollars more. This was our first ever grow...kinda want to get it framed I'm so proud. Lol. Every thing is scaled for ratings so they actually give you a spectrum of levels.
bro for your first grow you got over 20% Thc! Impressive. Just put as much effort into drying & curing properly(3-6months is what I do for personal use, everyone else gets 2--4weeks) is key!

GLGC.MI

GLGC.MI

@jackwhite for sure man! Yeah we were super pleased with the results. I've done vegetable gardening for a while but this was a whole new experience. Good call on the curing.

jackwhite

jackwhite

@jackwhite for sure man! Yeah we were super pleased with the results. I've done vegetable gardening for a while but this was a whole new experience. Good call on the curing.
Thats a big plus! Ive never gardned before just got straight into growing my own medicine vs spending $$$$ in dispensaries. Dispensaries do not flush. You get salt & pepper ash or straight dark grey to black. just horrible.

Plus $350/oz up here in the NE. Fuuuck that.

Growing saves me $$ and is theraputic. This summer im geting into growin vegetables out doors mixed in with a couple cannabis plants of course!
Happy Growing!

jackwhite

jackwhite

Nice trichome production as well. Nice full heads with long stalks. to take it to the next level add Uvb lights final 10-14days of flower. this will add another 3-5% more thc once you add uvb lights you will be asking yourself "why didnt I do this before!?"

GLGC.MI

GLGC.MI

Nice trichome production as well. Nice full heads with long stalks. to take it to the next level add Uvb lights final 10-14days of flower. this will add another 3-5% more thc once you add uvb lights you will be asking yourself "why didnt I do this before!?"
Yeah? Like what? I've heard a lot about cmh. Or do you have something else that works well?

Top Bottom