Need Help - Nutrient Deficiency Or Burn?

• Thread starter madman911
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

madman911

Hello, this is my first post and I am a newbie grower. I need some help diagnosing what is wrong with my plants. I am growing four strains: chocolope, LSD, big bud, and red diesel. Inside tent grow, temp maintained around 70-75, 40-50% humidity. About 3 weeks into flowering. Using LED lights (2x 600 watts). I am using Dr. Earth Homegrown organic soil with about 30% perlite. I have been watering them about weekly and adding Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect 3-part liquid fertilizer (4mL of each component per liter) pH'd to 6.5 and I noticed a few weeks ago that some leaves were developing yellowing tips... not a lot of the leaves, but a few, on the red diesel and chocolope. It started to get a little worse, so I did some research and thought that it looked consistent with nutrient burn; seeing as I had just watered/fed the plants, I decided to flush them. For the past two weeks, I have given them no nutrients, just pH'd water. The affected leaves continued to yellow a bit, which I thought might be from residual nutrients. The last couple of days the leaves are showing rapidly progressing yellowing and more leaves are affected. I now think I am dealing with nutrient deficiency and that this may have been the initial problem and I just made it worse by flushing my plants and giving them plain water. Attached are pics... I just gave them some nutrients, but not the full concentration, just half of what I was giving them, because I don't know what to do now. They are starting to form some nice dense budlets, but I am afraid I may have just f'cked things up beyond repair. Thanks for any help you can offer. The Pics are of the red diesel. The chocolope looks similar. The big bud and LSD look okay, just a couple of lower leaves have
Need help   nutrient deficiency or burn 2
yellow edges.
Need help   nutrient deficiency or burn

Dunge

Dunge

Those single blades are diagnostic of re-veg.
Check your space when dark and stay in there until your eyes adjust.

Fix your light leaks, then keep feeding.

And remove the dead and dying.

Buds look good, so I think you might save it.
Good luck.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Are you by chance peaking in the tent during lights off to watch them? That would cause a reveg, or very bad light leaks, and bad timers. Check all, and make sure your on a 12 in and 12 off light schedule from here in out for the next 8-10 weeks. More on the 10 as the plant needs to gets its hormones in check.

M

madman911

Thanks for the replies. I should've mentioned that these plants were started outside and then I transplanted them inside. At the time of the transplant they had just started to flower - I wanted them bigger, so I put them on an 18/6 cycle for 4-5 weeks, they reverted to veg nicely and grew out. So could that be why they show signs of reveg? I think my tent is light tight - and I never peak during dark cycle - but I will double check for leaks.

Are you by chance peaking in the tent during lights off to watch them? That would cause a reveg, or very bad light leaks, and bad timers. Check all, and make sure your on a 12 in and 12 off light schedule from here in out for the next 8-10 weeks. More on the 10 as the plant needs to gets its hormones in check.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Speakin of moaning hores. Know how you make a hore moan?? Dont pay her.......... I know that was bad...... :(

Top Bottom