Need help on topping plants

• Thread starter rebelbiker5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rebelbiker5

I'm new to hydro, and want to top my two week olds, but i dont know how to, could anyone give me instruction thanks.:(

E

Element4NorCal

Topping your plants

There are many different methods of topping or super cropping.

You can simply cut the top of your plant off. Two tops will form where the one was cut off.

You can F.I.M. where you cut 80% of the top off leaving 20% of the top of the most recent leaf growth at the tip of each branch. Three tops will form on each cut that was made correctly, however if you mess up the worst that happens is either it doesnt actually get topped if you dont do take enough off or if you take too much you will end up with two tops.

You can also do some bending which will open the plant up exposing the inside branches allowing for more growth in the center making the plant more bushy instead of stretching soo much. Almost every node will become another top.

You can do a mix of topping, F.I.M., and bending to train your plants like a master. Some plants do not require any interference at all while some enjoy all and respond well to training.

Hope this was helpful to you.

Jay Frost

R

rebelbiker5

hey jay thanks for the tip, so your saying to just snip the very tip of the plant just where the new growth is growing

Top Bottom