Need help outdoor, no new growth

• Thread starter Prop215Life
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Prop215Life

Prop215Life

I transplanted 2 yetis 1 bx2 1 f3 both are healthy females and 4 strains from the late 80's early 90's gift from dad unknown lineage strong strong skunk smell I transplanted 2-3 weeks ago and I'm not noticing any new growth at all I'm trying to have some big outdoor bushes 4' around and 5' tall would be ideal soil is as follows 3 bags happy frog mycos 2 bags roots organic green lights 3 bags empire builder. I'm trying to get some good growth before August hits any pointers. I have age ol' organic's fertilizer.

Prop215Life

Prop215Life

Also I used steer manure amendment. I live in the Central Valley so heAt is up there so I've been keeping soil pretty moist should I let it dry a little?

SpiderK

SpiderK

can u visit them every day ? & did you break up the soil your planting into before you added your mix ?

how hot is it during the day ?

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Did you mix it with native soil and are these directly in ground? Sounds kinda like maybe either you're watering too much or maybe your soil mixture is too hot, or both. Your soil mix sounds like a lot, unless you're mixing it like 50% with native soil. If you're in pots your soil is def too strong. Also did you mix in any perlite or something for drainage. If you water too much and the water is keeping your soil too moist you'll get stunted growth (due to lack of oxygen and inability to absorb nutrients properly) and eventually root rot.

Prop215Life

Prop215Life

The soil mix was bags I had extra from a grow supply show I went to well two that I attended so I put them in a huge troff we had in the back yard cleared a 12x15 section give or take a foot or two made sure all weeds and grass were pulled up so that no roots were left or very minimal were left and through all that soil on top of my yard dirt and grabbed the ol' tiller and started roto tillen it all up made 2 rows 4 foot on center and planted them like water melons basically the plant sits in the middle of a circle that's raised about 3" the circle is 2' wide and each plant sits in the middle of a circle. I did throw in some old hydroton about 1/2 bag and about a 1/4 of a big bag of perlite basically anything laying around I'll be honest I have kept it pretty wet I was just concerned that the mixture would be to hot so I tried to flush it a little maybe doing more harm than good? I'm a indoor guy my dad's an outdoor expert well I should say a mountain expert but he's a while a way and never really comes this way so I'm stumped. The same yeti clones are in 2 100 gallon fabric bags with empire builder as I'm only 20 minute ride from there manufacturing facility and they sale it by the cubic yard for way cheaper. They seem to be doing a lot better but have been in the bags a Week longer they get water on a drip about 5 mins a day and they seem to dry out fairly well maybe I should run my drip line to the plants in the ground?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Kiss

SunGrown

SunGrown

Your mix and the way you planted is fine. Maybe over watering some...

My guess is maybe they are just setting roots. Sometimes I don't notice any real growth on some plants for a couple weeks after planting, cause they are getting used to their new homes and growing roots.

Prop215Life

Prop215Life

I think sun grown nailed it this morning for the first time they were obviously bigger. I noticed some white roots that were poking there head out the side I the circle they set it that's a good thing talked to my dad last night he told me not to worry but @ seamaiden he asked the same ? As you did you make sure the root ball was not super tight and make sure it was a little loose. I am happy I did do that and I even put the tablespoon of mycos on the roots like Xtreme gardening recommends

Latest posts

Top Bottom