Need Help Picking A Controller, Asap Please...

• Thread starter TeterPosh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TeterPosh

Finishing up electrical work for one project in the next two days, and realized I'm not certain which Lighting Controller to use in this case, which impacts the wiring.

Two flower rooms, side by side, each is 9'x13' with a 9' ceiling.

Each room with have four 1000w lights/hoods, and each room will be on an alternating 12/12 schedule.

I'll be using the SokisTek Matrix 1000w ballasts, four per room, only ever four on at a time (one room at a time, on the opposite 12/12...).

I'm used to using Phantom IIe ballasts and a regular Helios 8 controller which handles the timing too.

But these Matrix ballasts have the timing functions built into them.

All I really need is something like a Helios 8 but without the timing features. A box where the 220 can come in at 50amps and split out to the two groups of four lights.

Does a box like that exist, or am I stuck with a Helios 8 and some redundancy regarding timing? I'm not even sure what to call it...

A quick response would be a huge help. Thanks a ton.

O

OST

The Helios 8 does not have a built in timing feature, The 7 does. The 8 has one 50A input in the back that splits it up into 2 separate rows of 4 outlets. It gives you 2 separate trigger cords so if you only want to run 4 lights you only need to plug in one side to a timer. You can run 2 separate timers to do different time sceduales or run 2 rooms, either 2 flower rooms at different times with 4 units in each OR you could do a flower and a veg room with this with 4 lights in each room. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom