Need help picking lights...

• Thread starter Webe82
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Webe82

Webe82

So, I've got a room 9.5x10 with 8 ft ceiling. I've got a 4'x4' tent for flowering with a 600w hps. I need my whole room efficiently lit for both grow and veg. Let's avoid any heat concerns as I can adequately handle whatever I choose. But please, I have no idea what would be BEST, so tell me what you think and why, please. Thank all y'all ahead of time for chiming in.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
wow, this thread will confuse you more than help you.,
it’s all opinions!
you must of done some research? you must have a feeling which way you want to go?
i’d say metal halide and high pressure sodium.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
wow, this thread will confuse you more than help you.,
it’s all opinions!
you must of done some research? you must have a feeling which way you want to go?
i’d say metal halide and high pressure sodium.
sounds like you have a hps already.

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

Please explain what you mean by "whole room efficiently lit for both grow and veg". Do you want an area for seedlings, veg, and flower? How do you plan to keep these separate? I am just trying to understand. Do you want the whole room to be lit for seedlings and veg but the tent will be for flower?

Webe82

Webe82

Yeah, you got it. I'm looking for something that will allow me to effectively grow in the entire space. Like a 2000w hps? 2000w led,... ? I just don't know what size light would work best. I know myself, and I'm going to end up dogfish in plants. So, I'm looking for something that can keep up with my appetite for growing.

Webe82

Webe82

I do, but that came with the grow tent... I'm exceeding it's limitations and looking to expand my growing surface. Trying to get recommendations on a light that someone has had experience handling that space effectively... without having to have multiple lights if avoidable.

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

That's cool. There are many on here that can help you but this can go so many differnet ways...good luck. lol. I mean that in the nicest way. I would probably run a bigger tent with hps for flower, and have cmh for veg, led for seedlings. The possibilities are endless.

Top Bottom