Need help !! Plants dropping every morning leaves look limp and lifeless

• Thread starter Greenmachine21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenmachine21

Greenmachine21

Hello fellow growers , had a question for everyone currently running my first hydroponic grow . I grew in soul before and never had these issues but every morning plants look limp and lifeless currently in first week of flower and I’m watering every 2 hours for one minute .. leaves are not curled there just limp and lifeless should I up the watering ? Or what are some suggestions .. temp with lights on is about 75-78F humidity mid 50’s running co2 in the room as well ., not sure what I’m doing wrong seems like I’m giving them lots of water but there always limp and lifeless in the morning ..

Nugg

Nugg

Hydroponics..hmm.. watering every 2 hrs..hmm.. guessing coco?? Funny I think of that as dirt..lol..but if so I'd say over watering..

Seraphine

Seraphine

How much water are they getting at one time? How big are the pots? it very well could be under watering or over watering. Need more info on your set up plus pictures would help.

Nugg

Nugg

I just seen your other post..you are using rockwool...I've never used but still seems like a lot of watering going on...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
When is the first watering and last watering? Are they drying up at all overnight and between cycles? The general rule is transpiration before irrigation, so it's best to make the first irrigation a few hrs after lights come on, and last watering 3-4 hrs before lights go off. No waterings during the dark cycle.

Pics might help. What's on them for light?

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

I've ran rockwool on a flood table before. Most of my issues came from over watering.

See you're running sub 80° temps, which means that your rockwool will take longer to dry out.

What is your Co2 ppm looking like? If your room is sub 80° and your giving it the 1500 ppm treatment, that can be causing you some issues as well.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Sounds like overwatering to me, but photos would help a ton. When a plant is underwatered, it wilts and looks a lot different than a plant being over watered. When do the perk back up (if they do)? Sometimes leaves will droop in response to lack of light and recover when the light comes on as they orient themselves to get the maximum light, although they don't typically look limp and lifeless. I grow in Promix, so I can't help you with rockwool but the same symptoms occur regardless of the growing medium when problems arise.

Greenmachine21

Greenmachine21

Hydroponics..hmm.. watering every 2 hrs..hmm.. guessing coco?? Funny I think of that as dirt..lol..but if so I'd say over watering..
Using 6 inch Hugo rockwool blocks .. they seem to try overnight and slowly perk back up before lights go on again but are always really droopy right before lights shut off then through most of the night

Greenmachine21

Greenmachine21

When is the first watering and last watering? Are they drying up at all overnight and between cycles? The general rule is transpiration before irrigation, so it's best to make the first irrigation a few hrs after lights come on, and last watering 3-4 hrs before lights go off. No waterings during the dark cycle.

Pics might help. What's on them for light?
First watering 2 hours after lights turn on and last watering 2 hours before lights turn off .. should I just cut out the last watering and only water 4 times a light cycle .. running 12/12 right now 6pm - 6am

Greenmachine21

Greenmachine21

Sounds like overwatering to me, but photos would help a ton. When a plant is underwatered, it wilts and looks a lot different than a plant being over watered. When do the perk back up (if they do)? Sometimes leaves will droop in response to lack of light and recover when the light comes on as they orient themselves to get the maximum light, although they don't typically look limp and lifeless. I grow in Promix, so I can't help you with rockwool but the same symptoms occur regardless of the growing medium when problems arise.
They seem to perk back up midway through the lights off period and are back to normal by the time lights turn on again . Have 12 plants per table and running two 400W leds and a 600W on two of the tables & 3 400W leds on the other table

Greenmachine21

Greenmachine21

500ml per watering so I’m starting to think
How much water are they getting at one time? How big are the pots? it very well could be under watering or over watering. Need more info on your set up plus pictures would help.
500ml per watering so I’m starting to think I was just over watering going to cut it back tonight and just give them 4 waterings which would be about 2litres of water per plant ..

Top Bottom