Need help please 1st grow

• Thread starter XcoopX
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
XcoopX

XcoopX

First time grower here Having some problem with my plants, I can answer any questions you need to know feel free to ask but any help would be greatly appreciated. Room temp is around 77 degrees, humidity between 50 - 60 running the entire heavy 16 line with fish shit

Need help please 1st grow
Need help please 1st grow 2
Need help please 1st grow 3
Need help please 1st grow 4
Need help please 1st grow 5
growsince79

growsince79

Those look like 3 gallon pots. Is that right? That means they need at least a 5-6 quarts each watering. A 6 quarts of water weighs 12.5 pounds. How much weight are they losing before you water?

XcoopX

XcoopX

We don’t water until run off - usually never is any runoff- we let the plants dry out prior to watering they almost felt like a lb or 2 at most, super light honestly we thought it was overwatering so we let them dry out Pretty good I was just making sure - is there an appropriate amount of water we should do per 15 gal pot of water? Thanks

Donjonbow

Donjonbow

I would say overwatering or possibly a nitrogen toxicity... do the leaves feel thick and heavy? If so then its probably overwatering

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Without runoff, how do you know the ppm of nutrient in the rootzone?

I think you have likely got a case of over/underwatering, and by that I mean watering too frequently with not enough nutrient solution per irrigation. You probably have a major nutrient buildup in the media, ph is probably real low too. Next time you water, run nutrient solution of 0.8ec/400ppm at 6.5 ph through it, and use enough to get good runoff, then see what comes out the bottom. Test that runoff and get back to us.

Also... way too many bottles man. When you do the rinse to determine runoff ppm just use the base nutrients. Veg A and Veg B I believe it is. That's really all you should be using out of that lineup anyway tbh. Although I havent looked at each bottle to see what they all are. lol, Its just too many.
You do have a ppm and ph meter I hope?

Last edited:
revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
It looks like a watering issue as well. What's the PH of the runoff?

growsince79

growsince79

We don’t water until run off - usually never is any runoff- we let the plants dry out prior to watering they almost felt like a lb or 2 at most, super light honestly we thought it was overwatering so we let them dry out Pretty good I was just making sure - is there an appropriate amount of water we should do per 15 gal pot of water? Thanks
1 gallon of water weighs 8.33 lbs. My three gallon bags require almost 1.5 gallons to soak to runoff. That's 12.5 lbs of water every three days. IMO your containers are to big. If you don't water them all the way, how do you know there's no dry spots? 15 gallon container probably would take 7 gallons or more to saturate. That's almost 60lbs of water. The large container would be too wet for too long and invite to many unwanted pests.

dire wolf

dire wolf

First time grower here Having some problem with my plants, I can answer any questions you need to know feel free to ask but any help would be greatly appreciated. Room temp is around 77 degrees, humidity between 50 - 60 running the entire heavy 16 line with fish shit
Hey xcoopx ,have your stems been that color " dark purple " for a while ? Your plants are severley stressed , you've done a lot of training ? How tall are they , when do you plan on going into flower , you are going to have to get them back on track before you make the next move , or you might end up seriously dissapointed....

What kind of light ? Grow medium ? And whats the entire line ?
Plus fish emulsion ? You migjt have overdone it with additives...
Seed ? Clones ? Just curious

Top Bottom