NEED HELP PLEASE!!!! Not happy with first legal grow!

• Thread starter DartKnight137
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DartKnight137

In the bottom picture had you just finished watering the plants???
3 of them yes the front 2 are starting pretty flower so I had to get some flower nutes before I watered the 2 that are trying to flower

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I've placed several orders with NASC (North Atlantic). They always deliver quickly and I've been pleased with the results. Last batch, the ones I'm growing now .. 12 seeds 100% germination rate. Healthy plants.

Some day I'll get my hands on @Trustfall genetics. I'm very interested. Just haven't purchased any yet. I'm also interested in @Dragonsflame genetics. Both have great reputations here on the farm.

D

DartKnight137

I've placed several orders with NASC (North Atlantic). They always deliver quickly and I've been pleased with the results. Last batch, the ones I'm growing now .. 12 seeds 100% germination rate. Healthy plants.

Some day I'll get my hands on @Trustfall genetics. I'm very interested. Just haven't purchased any yet. I'm also interested in @Dragonsflame genetics. Both have great reputations here on the farm.
I to have looked into dragons flames seeds I will definitely have to get some

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I don't think you need flower nutes for autos, they seem to do fine with just plain 4-4-4 the entire grow.

Autos tend to work well with lower amounts of fertilizer ... their needs in the sense of NPK remains, but many people grow autos in a even mix like 4-4-4 successfully. That is certainly true.

I have autoflowers in the greenhouse in what I am hoping is a water only organic grow. So far, its been exactly that. Its been easy!

P

PopPop67

3 of them yes the front 2 are starting pretty flower so I had to get some flower nutes before I watered the 2 that are trying to flower
The reason I ask is it looks like you are watering them in a way that slows down growth. And stunts root growth.
With new seedlings you want to make the plant fill the pot with roots as fast as it can. The best way to water young seedlings is to slowly water them. Dropping the water halfway between the stem and the outer edge of the pot. By putting the water in the pot this way it will slowly spread downward and outward in the pot. You want to use just enough water to hold the seedlings over for the day. It does not take much to water your seedlings and we all know you can drown seedlings quickly. The trick is to get the water you put in the pot to barely reach the outer edge of the roots. This causes the roots to chase after the water as it drys out. Every time you water away from the stem you are forcing the roots to grow outward to were you placed the water. When you put water next to the stem you are telling the roots they do not need to grow they are big enough already. You can gain more vegetation large plants with more buds when you force them to chase the water around the pot when they are small. Huge ball of roots Equals huge plants with huge buds. PopPop

electroguy

electroguy

The reason I ask is it looks like you are watering them in a way that slows down growth. And stunts root growth.
With new seedlings you want to make the plant fill the pot with roots as fast as it can. The best way to water young seedlings is to slowly water them. Dropping the water halfway between the stem and the outer edge of the pot. By putting the water in the pot this way it will slowly spread downward and outward in the pot. You want to use just enough water to hold the seedlings over for the day. It does not take much to water your seedlings and we all know you can drown seedlings quickly. The trick is to get the water you put in the pot to barely reach the outer edge of the roots. This causes the roots to chase after the water as it drys out. Every time you water away from the stem you are forcing the roots to grow outward to were you placed the water. When you put water next to the stem you are telling the roots they do not need to grow they are big enough already. You can gain more vegetation large plants with more buds when you force them to chase the water around the pot when they are small. Huge ball of roots Equals huge plants with huge buds. PopPop
What about the tap root?

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
74FE129E E865 41D9 8B59 5A7CE3E57080
8B38B4E4 462A 40AC 9008 EA45D940BCC5
P

PopPop67

Tap root job is to hold up and lock down the seedling long enough for the secondary roots to spread out and take over. Once the secondary roots take hold the tap root stops going down and burst into dozens of secondary roots. Most cannabis tap roots are less than 3 inches long. Almost all the water and nutes come up through the secondary roots once the secondary roots take hold the plant no longer depends on the tap root. It's not like a tree that depends on its tap root all its life. That is why Japanese Maple trees have to be grown from seeds. A clone from a Japanese Maple will grow great for about 2 years but after that it goes down hill because it does not have a tap root. But with cannabis a tap root is not necessary after secondary roots are formed that is why cannabis clones grow so strong. It's almost impossible to tell the difference between a cannabis plant started from seed to a clone. A 60 day old clone is likely to be bigger than a 60 day old plant from seed. It's all about growing a wide deep root ball system you want to force the secondary roots to spread out and take over for the tap root.

G

Greenny

My Barney's Farm glookies is growing up well. I got them from seedsman.
I'd buy Barney Farm on herbies website if I were you as they usually have some promotions to seeds of this breeder, I just... you know.. I can't rely on the stealth packaging of seedsman..

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
I'd buy Barney Farm on herbies website if I were you as they usually have some promotions to seeds of this breeder, I just... you know.. I can't rely on the stealth packaging of seedsman..
I got mine from seedsman in like 3 days. Lol and the packaging was pretty stealthy...if you need this sort of thing. Not to say it's better than herbies but that I used it and got a bunch of free seeds and that makes me go back to em.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I will also agree that @Trustfall is top notch in genetics and service. Here’s some of my finished Frostette and I’m growing multiple strains right now, really happy with everything. Out of my 3x3 with a 300w light I pulled 219 grams out of 4 plants.

525C43A4 1DB3 4F7F A0E7 57C8544D7767
65E5DF2C 8B73 428B A014 3DBAD9DE0845
829D634A 9D23 48B0 80E6 72566710B1DD
P

PopPop67

Yeah they are looking up to par. You have some really good looking plants I think you will be happy bro

Xhale

Xhale

Had to do some searching lol, ok so here was 6 autos at exactly 30 days from sprout so these pics where on may 18th
that is some fantastic stuff. how/when/etc do you top off your auto's? I grew a few that were hits and duds then stopped altogether. i'm interested in starting again if I can get nice bushy auto babies like yours

Xhale

Xhale

What about the tap root?
I came across research a few years ago that it is better to force many types of plants away from the tap-root towards fibrous root systems. the airpot and cloth-pots are the commercial results of the research.

now, I plant my seed in a basket (like the hydroponics baskets) with about 5cm of soil. then pinch off the roots as they show through the bottom...exactly like we top-off/fimm the plant above the ground. about a week or10 days after I first pinch the root the basket usually has lots of roots trying to poke out the bottom and I put into a bigger or final pot/location.

Top Bottom