Need help. PM and working with a Partner

• Thread starter bulldog74
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
putembk

putembk

you guys are selling mold-ridden buds to people, whether you "clean" them or not...invest in a sulfur burner.

Yep!! If you see pm on the fan leaves once the buds have formed the pm is inside the bud and you are screwed. You can do anything you want but the harvest will be compromised. I can't believe you got a dispensary to buy it from you. PM is like herpes you can keep it dormant but the virus is there for the life of the plant. There are supplements like quantum that will keep pm dormant. One more thing, pm spores go airborne and are in your lights, fans, vents, everything. On the next run clean the room and do a sulphur burn then use a supplement to keep future plants from having this problem.

singingcrow

singingcrow

Sorry if some of these guys seem harsh.... I don't think they mean it, but we have probably all taken a hit of something that had mildew in it. Just awful, and if you can imagine someone very sick, that could bring on hospitalization. So, people feel passionate about it.

Yes, since we are growing medical marijuana, tell your partner to keep the H202 sprayer to the walls, trays, everything. Use the herb in BHO oil, which is the only way to prevent plant matter from entering the body.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I need him to stop doing this but I dont wwant to cause a major argument. I want him to stop doing this--How bad is it to drench your harvested bud with hydrogen peroxide? I dont have all the answers but I figure if I tell him that I researched it online and asked other growers that maybe that might help. How bad is it to spray down our pot? am I over reacting? Please help me win my argument.
First, learn how to break your stuff up into paragraphs. I skipped just about EVERYTHING to hit this. Guess what! I'm not going to help you win this argument, because I've done literally that--dunked my just-harvested plants in a mix of peroxide (OxiDate) to eliminate the fruiting bodies of PM. I've also used Greencure and can taste a soapy flavor, so my vote is for a peroxide.

It IS a perfectly safe technique, and in my experience, and therefore opinion, peroxide is far preferable to sodium bicarbonate or potassium bicarbonate. Jorge Cervantes has recently released a video outlining how to do this very thing, about a year after I did it just to see what would happen.

So far I've not been able to find a single instance of death or illness caused directly by ingesting/smoking powdery mildew, or buds treated for it, not even with folks who have compromised immune systems. I've read a single report of an Avid-related cannabis death, but haven't found anything giving good veracity to the claim. If someone has information that clearly demonstrates that the fungi responsible for powdery mildew can also infect humans, I truly want to see the paper (an abstract is fine).

A dip in peroxide causing botrytis? Really? How's that work, exactly? Again, my experience says this is not an absolute.

I believe that if ingestion of PM spores or infected tissue were truly a real problem, we'd have stronger controls of such with regard to foodstuffs. Of course, I could be wrong, but that's my take on it.

Leave it to me to go against what everyone else says. Fucking hippie. :damnhippie:

putembk

putembk

I have read and heard the same thing maden. However, will not do anything except trash pm buds. Want no part of my patients spreading rumors around that my meds are infected with that shit.
A good grower will learn from this experience and keep pm out of your garden or at the very least keep it dormant. imho

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If it's in the plant tissues (systemic), then what's the functional difference between bud (or any plant material we may ingest) where PM is expressed via fruiting bodies, and where it's not? Would one still experience exposure?

Not arguing, considering the question again out loud. If you make a search via Google Scholar or similar, you will not be able to find any documentation discussing infection of humans by any PM fungi species. Or at least, I can't.

Venom818

Venom818

Lets see some of these killer buds u have grown mr master grower

T

treehugger

If it's in the plant tissues (systemic), then what's the functional difference between bud (or any plant material we may ingest) where PM is expressed via fruiting bodies, and where it's not? Would one still experience exposure?

Not arguing, considering the question again out loud. If you make a search via Google Scholar or similar, you will not be able to find any documentation discussing infection of humans by any PM fungi species. Or at least, I can't.

Bravo Seamaiden, for standing up to the misinformed "chicken littles" that have the same zero tolerance intolerance of our oppressors. It's a natural product, without a pharmaceutical facility, or inordinate chemical control, you cannot exclude mother nature from the equation. That's common sense.

(infestation is another matter, but that's common sense too...)

K

kolah

Soma from Somaseeds has long preached about the benefits of using 30% graded Hydrogen Peroxide for PM (and other probs) long before High Times goofball Jorge Cement-Head started taking credit for it. (can ya tell I dislike HT and it's biased and corrupted magazine?)

Soma recommends using 30% grade HP and mixing it 3 parts water to 1 part HP. Douse the plants. Wear gloves and mask as 30% HP is quite caustic.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Regardless of if PM can infect a human being, PM tastes bad and might be bad for you. So imo is a good enough reason to avoid it as we are trying to grow quality non containated(by PM or sprays) meds not PM spores. It can cause sinus infections and other things.

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4596290_mildew-cause-sickness.html
Ok, that article you're linking only discusses mildew, not powdery mildew. If you don't understand how different disease-causing organisms work, how they cannot simply infect EVERYTHING across all species *and* even kingdom lines, then there's not much I or anyone else can say. My question and 'challenge' to find papers that discuss direct pathological infection of humans of any powdery mildew fungi (not just any mildew, I would have thought that wouldn't require explanation, but apparently it does) then I want to read it and become more and better informed.

In any event, your conclusion drawn from this single article is specious. Perhaps you didn't even read the article you're using to support your assertions, I don't know. But I have read it, and it's not pertinent to the discussion here, as it is discussing the molds and mildews that people get in their homes as a result of improper air circulation and damp conditions. Not powdery mildew that only infects plants.

I have never 'tasted' powdery mildew. Not on my buds, and not in/on my food. Not even the squashes that seem to be so effing prone to it.

As for the sprays, I personally only use completely organic controls that degrade into things like water, so......? In fact, search my posts and threads to learn more about what I have had to say about using products like, say, Eagle20. I'm not advocating irresponsibility here, I'm advocating using some sense.

putembk

putembk

Instead of talking about the harmful, effects or lack of. Why not discuss ways to never have to deal with it in the first place. There have been tons of threads on this. Power Mildew is not a problem for a master grower as they have found ways to either keep it out of their garden or keep it in a dormant state to where it doesn't affect you or the plant. I have had pm, threw my harvest away and found out how to keep it from becoming a problem. I personally won't have anything to do with it, I have found a way to deal with it. Don't think about it and haven't seen any sign in over two years now.

B

budseyeveiw

what you need to do bro is start a preventative maintenance program and invest some more $$$ in dialing in your grow op. any plant/strain that is weak for pm i try to toss. sometimes its easier said than done. you need to spend a lot more time researching pm. i believe its the #1 issue for MJ growers.

I've had to start dunking all my CLONES in eagle-20. its a systemic fungicide but should get rid of your pm issues. only thing is that it is very toxic and really should only be used on clones. Do much research before you get this though. you will need full body protection. Never use this product during any part of flowering.

and never bring an animal in your grow op.

eagle 20 is the shiz. plus you shouldnt really be growing with any plant which has pm and then selling it to medical patients.

if your gonna be starting a gro op like that you need to be starting with good stock mate.

putembk

putembk

So how do you deal with pm?

There are several ways. First, if you have it and you consider yourself a quality grower, throw it out. Next I wouldn't use a systemic, just my opinion. There are a lot of threads on the archives on this site that give good advise on how to deal with this problem.

I use a product called quantum!! However, it's not sold in all areas. Check with your local grow store to see if it's available in your area. I have heard by some very reliable growers that azamax not only works on pm but will also get rid of spider mites. Oh, one more thing Voo Doo Juice does pretty much the same as Quantum, it's just more $.

Keep in mind that these products don't get rid of pm they just keep it dormant. PM is like herpes in humans, it can be controlled but not eliminated. One and one half tsp every 3 wks and pm is like a fart in the wind.

I have had the same strain going for over 2 yrs and no sign.

F

FruitOfTheLabor

look into the uv lights.. i am prety sure u just need to get the right light.. and u just go and take the light and go over the entire plant like u would kinda like spraying but spraying the plant wiht light.. and it will kill the PM .. i swear i saw this.. in jorge cerventes video

green punk

green punk

I have to agree with Sea. Bring on the research. If pm is so harmful to the human, then wouldn't a gardener who has it in their garden be the one suffering most? They would be the one exposed to the spores which are supposed to make one sick. Or the trimmers handling the infested, (spotted buds).

my .02

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

If you don't believe it's harmful to human beings, and you need a scientific paper for you to believe that breathing in any foreign contaminant is bad for you, then I think you should go do a simple experiment go breathe in a small handful of dust/dirt/mold/PM or just regular mildew. Almost anyone of those things being breathed in by a human being could cause problems ranging from sinus infection to basic allergies. I wish no one harm, but I think you need to use a little common sense sometimes. No offense seamaiden but imo your just grasping for straws, my article doesn't talk about PM or a direct infection, I didn't come to my conclusion based on that 1 article, I used common sense and experience(molds/mildews affect some ppl more than others). I also never claimed it would lead to a direct infection, I claimed that it is bad for humans/animals to be breathing it in, and that it would affect the taste of your herb. I don't need a scientific paper to tell me if I inhale in foreign spores of any kind it won't be good for my breathing. Unfortunately I'm certain most of us have tasted PM, before we learned to produce our own quality meds.

putembk

putembk

Would you buy meds from a dispensary knowing the buds were infected with pm?? Enough said!!

Funny thing, the individuals that are trying to justify pm are the ones with pm.

I'll say it again.. THROW THAT SHIT OUT!!! Or keep it to yourself. Don't infect others with your mistake.

green punk

green punk

I have lost crops from pm. Ive culled strains due to this. It sucks. I currently have no pm. I worry about it returning.
Yes it makes perfect sense that inhaling any particulate is harmful. All I'm saying is the there is no conclusive proof anywhere. Just a bunch of common sense theory. That's it. It would be nice to see a real study, instead of a bunch of pom-pass ass opinions cast with anger at other posters.

S

shibbyshawn

Im just gonna start hitting all my veg with eagle20. Anyone have good results with it?any advice on application rates and timing?

Latest posts

Top Bottom