need help pressing hash

• Thread starter sparkycow1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sparkycow1

i have some water hash now i want to press it any advice greatfully welcomed thanks

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
i have some water hash now i want to press it any advice greatfully welcomed thanks

I took my dry sift and put it in a press then boiled the press. Worked like a charm. My old school buddy the spider used to put it in wax paper then a damp towel then run an iron over it.

outwest

Graywolf

Graywolf

You can make a die out of a pipe cap and close nipple, and split a hardened 1" dowel pin for the ram and anvil. I use a hydraulic press that I made for pressing glycerin or oil tinctures, by just turning it upright.

I use the same die to make Cannabuttons and Super Cannabuttons, by finely grinding bud and pressing or adding oil and pressing.

PS: For what its worth, I prefer the flavor of my kif unpressed. Pressing makes it easier to store and transport, but not more flavorful to Moi's taste buds

Cannabutton being pressed 1
Cannabutton die with button 1
Cannabuttons 1
Press in horizontal position for tincture 1
Vertical press for cannabuttons
S

sparkycow1

You can make a die out of a pipe cap and close nipple, and split a hardened 1" dowel pin for the ram and anvil. I use a hydraulic press that I made for pressing glycerin or oil tinctures, by just turning it upright.

I use the same die to make Cannabuttons and Super Cannabuttons, by finely grinding bud and pressing or adding oil and pressing.

PS: For what its worth, I prefer the flavor of my kif unpressed. Pressing makes it easier to store and transport, but not more flavorful to Moi's taste buds
cheers graywolf this is for transport needs,very interesting pics thanks alot

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Cool shit GW i've been making these cannbuttons for years using pretty much the same technique, but now i got a name to call them. all my lower end people who didn't wanna pay retail price for dank buds would get these since they seem much more potent when smoked then the actaul previously kief bud powder. Cool to see i'm not the only one that does this.
Take it easy

Graywolf

Graywolf

We used them one year to get through the dry season just before outdoor harvest donations, to provide meds for patients without. As you note, it smooths the smoke from lower grade material and cools it down, besides being potent.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Go to any head shop and buy a press for 40$ 1" ss, last a life time and produces enough pressure to get the job done. Couple tips, get some coconut oil and put a very light coat on the bottom and top of the press, you don't need much at all. This will keep it from sticking to the mold. Coconut oil will not go rancid like other oils. Once you have it under pressure heat it with a hair dryer on high, you don't want it to get to hot to touch, heat for 5 min and as you do that 1/4 turn till it's tight than stop tightening and finish heating. The heat and pressure fractures the trichromes and brings it all together. let it cool but not get cold slight warm is best as it is easier to get out warm. When cold it is a bugger to get out.

Peace :cool:

Top Bottom