NEED HELP! QUICK! Possible Overwatering?????

• Thread starter SacredTreeOrganicFarms
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Sacred Tree Organic Farms
Supporter
Hey guys! So about 2 weeks ago I transplanted these ladies into 1gal pots and upgraded to the Mars hydro ts600 for my 2x2. Now, I am seeing weird leaf growth and weird curlings? I NEED HELP! Anyone with info or experience with this please let me know! I doubt heat stress, but possible? I think I may be over watering. I’m in FFOF soil so the ore amendments may be overfeeding the plants? I DONT KNOW!!! Please help😭.

Need help quick possible overwatering
Need help quick possible overwatering 2
Need help quick possible overwatering 3
Need help quick possible overwatering 4
Need help quick possible overwatering 5
Need help quick possible overwatering 6
Need help quick possible overwatering 7
Need help quick possible overwatering 8
Need help quick possible overwatering 9
Need help quick possible overwatering 10
Need help quick possible overwatering 11
Need help quick possible overwatering 12
SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
@Aqua Man @amekins @growsince79 @MIMedGrower @Rob21 @logic @One drop
@dire wolf @beluga
@Chester13
@Grownsince95 @Chad.Westport @med man
@BudGoodman @female_grower89
@Flexnerb
@Mothermatilda @Potanist @Grow4fun @OrganicMyco @SuperBud07 @Maryjane36 @hannabis420
[/QUOTE]

AlexGrowns

AlexGrowns

Hey guys! So about 2 weeks ago I transplanted these ladies into 1gal pots and upgraded to the Mars hydro ts600 for my 2x2. Now, I am seeing weird leaf growth and weird curlings? I NEED HELP! Anyone with info or experience with this please let me know! I doubt heat stress, but possible? I think I may be over watering. I’m in FFOF soil so the ore amendments may be overfeeding the plants? I DONT KNOW!!! Please help😭.
How often would you say you water and what are your temps normally, maybe it's a little colder and they're drinking slower?

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
Running at about 78F pretty consistent. I definitely think I may be over watering for sure because I can go 3-4 days no watering. But peat based soil I heard is supposed to be kept wet almost like coco?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Keep soil 30-60% moisture content. Do NOT water to runoff.

Let them dry out

Make sure the root zone isn't to cold (over 60 preferably over 65 and ideally 70-75 ish)

Make sure humidity and air temps are decent. About 75-80f.

It's much easier to correct under watering then over watering.

AlexGrowns

AlexGrowns

Running at about 78F pretty consistent. I definitely think I may be over watering for sure. But peat based soil I heard is supposed to be kept wet almost like coco?
In my experience I let the soil get pretty dry but I'm in plastic pots might be different. For those size pots I water about once a week or every 5 days at that size then like every 2-3 days when it's flowering towards the end (if you were to keep them in the same pots) If you were topping them off every day or other perhaps I could suggest leaving them or at least one for x amount of days until it starts to "pray" upwards then after it does that for a few days or so, once it starts to droop then you know you did a complete cycle (wet/dry). I'm def not an expert but I had similar problems and that was what fixed it for me.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Running at about 78F pretty consistent. I definitely think I may be over watering for sure because I can go 3-4 days no watering. But peat based soil I heard is supposed to be kept wet almost like coco?
Not true peat is not like coco but it is more forgiving than soil in the watering department.

Temps and transpiration are key to them drinking. If they got no o2 because the media is soaked and peat doesn't have the air exchange to deal with that then they will take forever to uptake the water.

Can put a fan on the pots to help dry em out a bit faster

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
Keep soil 30-60% moisture content. Do NOT water to runoff.

Let them dry out

Make sure the root zone isn't to cold (over 60 preferably over 65 and ideally 70-75 ish)

Make sure humidity and air temps are decent. About 75-80f.

It's much easier to correct under watering then over watering.
Appreciate this! I’ll probably let them go for almost a week I bet till they’ll need water! I’m trying to get a blue lab meter to measure my water temp and everything.

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
STILL SEEING PROBLEMS.... idk what’s going on? Can’t be light/heat stress? I have the Mars hydro ts600 over a 2’x2’ and hanging 30” from the canopy. My first pH watering at 6.4 was today tho. But this weird inward curling has me thinking its something else? The seedlings look like they’re doing just fine tho? PLEASE HELP!!!

C7C50A5E AF96 4004 A5A9 4144B9B2B9E8
D98A4B49 1033 4864 BF91 9559BA4C0779
680AEC97 7608 48FB BFCF FF8124C08EE1
4C1F4DF8 1B8A 4185 8782 874C50F2650E
C9FFE25D 8347 4A10 83D3 821EAB6B3741
40CE1B05 E57E 4D87 B10B 4F640CFE0EC9
B0C39403 4D75 44E0 9086 BE6AFF4767E0
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
looks like it could be overwatering, could be a couple things related to overwatering (root issues) could be root temps..
i’m guessing overwatering as the perlite with the seedlings is very yellow/brown which is a sign of staying wet to long.. need to get a good wet/dry cycle,
worst case as they need water they’ll just droop a bit, an easy fix if your a little late but overwatering can ruin everything..

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
looks like it could be overwatering, could be a couple things related to overwatering (root issues) could be root temps..
i’m guessing overwatering as the perlite with the seedlings is very yellow/brown which is a sign of staying wet to long.. need to get a good wet/dry cycle,
worst case as they need water they’ll just droop a bit, an easy fix if your a little late but overwatering can ruin everything..
Fuckkkk so what’s a good wet dry cycle?? I’m in 1 gal pots under the Mars hydro ts600

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
Why is the soil dry looking around the plant close but dark and wet outside of the inner circle?

It is important to get the medium evenly wet at transplant.
I’ve been doing root training, watering the outsides to get the roots to stretch and fill the container

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
yeah thats not such a good idea and likely the problem. Saturate to runoff and let dry out real good is how you get a good root ball in potting soil. Dry like alarmingly dry when lifting the pot.
Seriously???? When I’ve done this I NEVER GET a good root zone😭😭😭 so saturate the entire pot and let dry to almost what would you say...20% of the wet weight?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Seriously???? When I’ve done this I NEVER GET a good root zone😭😭😭 so saturate the entire pot and let dry to almost what would you say...20% of the wet weight?

well with ocean forest i went 25%. 3/4 down with a moisture probe meter in tje dry zone. But with pro mix hp i cant go more than 2/3 down or the medium shrinks away from the sides and the plant suffers. Maybe its the worm castings holding a bit of moisture for the roots or something.

Anyway i seem to achieve good dense full root balls with this method. My old breeder friend told me i wasn't drying out my pots enough is why i started going longer.

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
well with ocean forest i went 25%. 3/4 down with a moisture probe meter in tje dry zone. But with pro mix hp i cant go more than 2/3 down or the medium shrinks away from the sides and the plant suffers. Maybe its the worm castings holding a bit of moisture for the roots or something.

Anyway i seem to achieve good dense full root balls with this method. My old breeder friend told me i wasn't drying out my pots enough is why i started going longer.
I will try this! I greatly appreciate you and everyone who helps! ANYONE WOTH SOLID GENETIC CONNECTIONS PLEASE LET ME KNOW

AZLandshaper

AZLandshaper

Ive always watered by pumping the soltuion into the tray and allowing the plant/ soil to absorb the solution. Its obvious if your overwatering when the solution is still in the tray after 5 minutes. On a good day its gone in 3 minutes or less. Plant and soil absorb it real quick when not water logged.

Are you using some sort of pH balance (acid or base) solution? the meristem on that one looks burned. Not really overwatered.

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

SacredTreeOrganicFarms

Supporter
Ive always watered by pumping the soltuion into the tray and allowing the plant/ soil to absorb the solution. Its obvious if your overwatering when the solution is still in the tray after 5 minutes. On a good day its gone in 3 minutes or less. Plant and soil absorb it real quick when not water logged.

Are you using some sort of pH balance (acid or base) solution? the meristem on that one looks burned. Not really overwatered.
So not doing a top feed just thru the bottom uptake? I’m using general hydroponics for ph up and down but the last 3 watering I was at about 8pH due to my meter breaking

Latest posts

Top Bottom