Need Help Sexing Gdp Indoor

• Thread starter ChunpoweR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ChunpoweR

ChunpoweR

Title says it all. I have about 12 plants growing and am not sure about sex. Took some pictures of my strongest plant.

Need help sexing gdp indoor
Need help sexing gdp indoor 2
Paul Simon

Paul Simon

They look female-ish to these eyes, but I have to ask, how are you sexing GDP? Grand Daddy Purple is a clone only, so it should be a female period. Is this a BX or an IBL?

ChunpoweR

ChunpoweR

Gdp is not a clone only. I grew it from seed. And what is ibl and bx?

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

It is most deffinately a clone only plant, sorry to burst your bubble. BX is a backcross and IBL is an inbred line. You may have gotten some seeds that were a backcross, but unless you are talking stuff you ran in 2000, it is VERY unlikely you had real GDP seeds pre Ken Estes.

ChunpoweR

ChunpoweR

It's Ken's gdp. I got it off midweek song. Came in a breeder pack.

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

Yeah, that is not GDP, it is "Ken's GDP". If you look into what those genetics are you will find that it is in fact a BX, made with a low quality Big Bud male, a far cry from real GDP.

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

If the preflowers are that big and there aren't any white hairs sticking out of them then they might be male. You are looking for the pistils to come out of the pre flower. No, pistils, no buds! Know pistils, know buds!

ChunpoweR

ChunpoweR

They are 5 weeks from seed getting planted. 24 hours under 2 600 mh. 6 plants under each light.

katelyn

katelyn

They are 5 weeks from seed getting planted. 24 hours under 2 600 mh. 6 plants under each light.
Did u start them under fluorescent bulbs? And close to 8 weeks u can sex em out for sure but 24 hrs light could take months to sex out. Switch to 18 light 6 dark if you want to sex them out. Must say top them keep em short. I've gone 24 hrs light on a plant and it produced a very nice indoor grown plant

ChunpoweR

ChunpoweR

Yes started them on a 6 bulb t5 and yes they are already topped. I may have to try that six hours off solution. So from the picture there is no way to tell?

N

Nog

I will say it's a female plant and by the look of that calyx in a few days you will see a white pistil come out.

But wait till you see that pistil before you know for sure; sometimes you can be wrong.

jajabrinks

jajabrinks

Grown this strain many times before. Don't know what all the bad rap is about, it's leagues better than a lot of other varieties. I'm gonna go all in on FEMALE 100% for these pics.

ChunpoweR

ChunpoweR

So far out of 15 seeds I got 2 males and 7 females so far. Pulling this guy right now as we speak. 100 percent male right?

20160803 001155
ChunpoweR

ChunpoweR

What a waste of money on soil... I can't reuse my soil can I? The male was transplanted into the new soil a week ago

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

some strains take a while to sex while in veg TBH one needs to be sure many growers have culled female plants thinking its a male
Same shit happened to me all indications were male turns out its a female your atleast another week away from knowing if its a male or female you see balls growin ??? i see shit just starting to mature they will show soon there true colors

ChunpoweR

ChunpoweR

They are almost 6 weeks into veg. The one plant has the ball thing showing on multiple nodes. All very small though.

20160803 000816
Top Bottom