Need help!!! tents over heating

• Thread starter Mr.Toque
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr.Toque

sup fam, i have two grow tents in an extra bedroom i have, the bedroom(10ft x 8ft) has an in-window ac unit, and i have two tents one is 2x2x4 with a 400watt MH light the other a 2x4x6.5 with a 600 watt HPS light, they came with 4" inlets and outlets for air ventilation, i installed two inline 6'' fans on each to move air evenly, my problem is the inside temp of the tents is ranging from low 80's to 107 degrees :sign0065:, the actual room temp ranges in the 70 degrees area and the humidity is in the 40's, what can i do to lower my tent temps? are there better fans or another cooling unit? the room itself feels cool but my tents are burning up, any help and input is greatly appreciated thanks

M

Mr.Toque

no the ac is a window unit, both tents are in the middle of the room, the inline fans are just bolted to the tent with no piping, one pushes air in through the bottom and the other pulls out through the top

M

Mr.Toque

is there any unit that i can run lines directly off? my only idea is to rig the lines right in front of the ac unit and see is they suck in more direct cool air, id much rather have something was isnt so getto rigged

M

Mucinex-D

I think farmers will need more information to help answer your question. What is the CFM rating of the fans you are using? Are they ducted to exhaust the whole grow tent(s) or are they ducted through the hoods for your lights. I would think that pulling room air through the hoods only would get you a long way towards solving the temp problem.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Mr.Toque,
Exactly what fans are you using for your ventilation?
Do you have air cooled hoods for your lights?
What kind of fan is on them?
You could make some sort of adaptor to go over the AC to go to inlets to the tents, but I would advise to just get the air flow right with the tents and hoods myself.

R

Rabbi

triple or quadruple your air exchange rate so the tent air volume is completely new every five minutes

M

Mr.Toque

Mr.Toque,
You could make some sort of adaptor to go over the AC to go to inlets to the tents, but I would advise to just get the air flow right with the tents and hoods myself.

I bought some 6" inline fans from the local hardware store, one blows in from the bottom the other pulls air out through top, the 2x2x4 has just a regular reflector that comes with the light kit, and the 2x2x6.5 has an adjust-a wing reflector, i thought of rigging the piping like u said. but i rather have it set up right if you know what im saying, a cleaner setup

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

Hey bro... all you need is a good intake and out take..
your fans you have now dont have enuff cfm to keep your room
at a comfortable temp.. I suggest you take them back to the store for refund..
then purchase 2 valuline blowers from http://discount-hydro.com/productdisp.php?pid=560&navid=29 or what ever companty you desire..
I would go with 2 6in. or 6in comiing in and the 4 in. pushing out the top.. and set the
inline blower right infront of your a/c..
If your tring to cool both tents I would get the 10-12in. blower and use a Tspliter to
cool both tents..

Venom818

Venom818

Mr.Toque,

exactly my thoughts I would rig my ac u can buy the adapters and ducting at at home depot and blow the air starght into the tents.

hubcap

hubcap

i know this might be a stupid question but...

are you exhausting the hot air completely OUT of the growing room (not just the tents)?

this seems simple, but, some overlook it.

just throwing it out there.....

the window a/c might be working hard enough to cool the room but not the tents, too, if the heat isnt exhausted from the room, entirely.

-cap

G

goleboy

just had the same issue with my 4 x 4 tent.... Bought a portable acunit off craigslist for 100 and now my tent is fuckin perfect. Just need to get my nutes figured out and I'll be gravy

L

largepoppa

I'm growing in a small tent too (2x4). I echo the sentiments of King Kong Kolas. You have to exchange the air in the tents a lot more. You should get better fans that push more air. Those little inline duct booster fans do not pull enough air in. I set my AC to 67 for the room and the temps now never get over 78. You can use the fans you have now to blow on the bulbs to try and cool them a bit.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Definitely get the fans upgraded asap. You want to go to a local hydero shop or go online to get something slot more powerful. I would say at least a 4" for the 400 and a 6" for the 600. Both centrifugal, like a can-fan. Then you can work on ducting the exhaust out into the attic, or outside.

M

mets21

look into can fan 6 in ho on ebay, they are only 149-175 shipped.

Top Bottom