Need help to identify source of spots

• Thread starter SwiftStixx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SwiftStixx

SwiftStixx

Hello all, have an issue with some newly added plants to my grow. Looking for some help

I started off with a 4 plant grow and expanded to 9. The addition of the plants has not created any functional issues, however I noticed some spotting as of two days ago on 2 of the Super Silver Haze plants I brought in.

Thus far, no spreading has occurred to other plants in the grow, the only 2 affected remain the only 2 however the issue looks to be worsening or expressing itself in those leaves. I have not noticed much “new” spreading and none of the new growth appears to have the spotting however when I planted them, they also did not have the spotting on the leaves which is brownish rust color and the size of a bb/water droplet.
Ph of water is balanced to 6.5 - 6.6 each feeding which includes nutrients. Nutrients are a cloneX formula. Picture to be added of the description as well as flora nova grow 7-4-10. This is a soil grow in a tent with led 600 watt full spectrum and 2 fans and a carbon filter exhaust with inline fan.
I’ve read many things it “could” be but looking to hone that down to some specific targets to focus on step by step. Lights are 18-6, feeding is approximately every 2 days depending on drainage. Temp slides slightly between 22•c and 28•c depending on room temps and humidity stays between 41% and 52% or so again depending on room conditions. I am using material pots also as they were not producing well to start in plastic. All were from clones and sexed prior to placement. All are around 1 month in their soil from first growth stage (So maybe in full week #6-8) and only three super silver haze and two 9lb hammers are “new” to the soil from a transplant a week ago.
Thanks all! 🙏🏽

Need help to identify source of spots
Need help to identify source of spots 2
Need help to identify source of spots 3
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Calcium deficient, what kind of water are you starting with, tap? That fertilizer only has 1% Ca, that's not gonna cut it.

Also are you fully saturating those pots when you water? If not you should be until you get some runoff out the bottom. Every other day seems too frequent which is why I ask. Watering too little, too often can cause all kinds of other issues.

SwiftStixx

SwiftStixx

I’ll double check the water amount supplied. I know I cut back after the first few watering due to signs of overwatering in general and was advised underwriting better than over however, I did not have this issue prior to that change. I will readjust accordingly.
Tap yes, starts a little high but is lowered by nutrients and cloneX. Brings it to around 6.8-7-1 and I adjust from there with ph up/down depending but it’s pretty set at lowering slightly from there.
Flora grow has 4% calcium along with the 1% calcium from cloneX, do you recommend increasing and if so, should I with something to treat the soil with or the water feeding during nutrient offering?
Thanks for the advisement thus far, other plants like my Venom OG and Mochi are moving along well with no signs of this, the same said for Do-si-do.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

looks like a host of nutrient issues. Far to early to be salinity. Unlikely ph but could be. Imo watering is definitely a front runner along with likely pushing to much light.

What light is it and what is the distance to the top of the plants.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I think you're probably misunderstanding what overwatering means too, it's not so much giving them too much at one time, it's from watering too frequently, before it actually needs watering again. You should always water to fully saturate the media until you have some runoff out of the pot. I shoot for about 10-15% of what I put in, running out the bottom. That will help to leach excess salts and draw in oxygen, and allows the roots to explore the whole pot.

Secondly I'd advise you just use floranova grow and cut out the clonex. No need for 2 base nutrients, and FNG has everything the plant needs.

Based on what you're saying and what I'm seeing, you probably have some nutrient buildup in the soil locking out the calcium. What you can do is just rinse the pot with plain water and immediately feed a very low dose of fng. Or what I would do is run an enzyme product through it and let it sit 24hrs, next day rinse with water and follow up immediately with a light feed, then let it dry out well before watering again.
This would be a lot easier if you have an ec/ppm pen?

Last edited:
SwiftStixx

SwiftStixx

Light is a 600w LED full spectrum UFO light and sits approx 36 inches+ away from them as the light showed signs at one point when too low of poss light burn on one of my early clones.
After an extensive night of observation and searching and reading, and the stimulated question of the soil caused me to look a little harder.
I was continuously testing my PH in my soil AFTER feeding. I was balancing the PH of the water BEFORE my feeding, however I noticed that testing my soil outright was not a box I checked this go around SMH.
I ran my PH tests on my soil since they are in need of a very good feeding last night. Turns out my soil is sitting at a base # or 7-8. Which is not helping these guys. I will he swapping out soil fully and repotting. I may change to a more quality bag also in case these are locking out oxy flow. a soil swap and re potting will be coming.
I live in California and the Bay Area, not sure if anyone has ideal soil recommendations. I was using Recipe 420 and added in the bone meal, worm castings and pearlite to oxy the soil a bit more. Some have said just use something like Fox Farms Ocean Floor and that it should be my once over without adding however a second party said that even that soil would need adjusting. Taking recommendations on soil today and will be checking later soi can obtain on my way home.
I really appreciate the efforts and advice. It’s so odd to me all my plants get the same and most seem to be growing along their schedule, maybe a little light on the foliage in vet stage.

Top Bottom