need help understanding what went wrong.

• Thread starter youngabe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
youngabe

youngabe

I have two different plants from female cuttings that turned into full blown male's. Has anyone ever had this happen

Cort

Cort

Step 1: be sure the cuttings were really from females to start
Step 2: check your space for light leaks. Turn on lights outside the door/windows/tent/ what ever your set up is. Turn off the lights in your space and sit in the dark for a few minutes. Any light leak will become quickly apparent.
Step 3: If both 1 and 2 checked out ok, get new genetics.

Tip: if you released pollen in your grow space, clean everything good or you might find seeds in your next run.

vaporedout

vaporedout

+1 on light leaks, i had a super small one that i couldnt see until i spent like 6 or 7 minutes in the dark

youngabe

youngabe

Step 1: be sure the cuttings were really from females to start
Step 2: check your space for light leaks. Turn on lights outside the door/windows/tent/ what ever your set up is. Turn off the lights in your space and sit in the dark for a few minutes. Any light leak will become quickly apparent.
Step 3: If both 1 and 2 checked out ok, get new genetics.

Tip: if you released pollen in your grow space, clean everything good or you might find seeds in your next run.
Yes they are female. This is my third run with these same genetics, and had no problems before. I also have checked for light leaks and hermies.

Cort

Cort

If the plants were excessively root bound or otherwise had major stress, that could cause weak genetics to herm.

If you have run these girls before with success, something has changed. Girls dont just go dude for no reason and its usually light related.

You checked for proper timer function too?

youngabe

youngabe

If the plants were excessively root bound or otherwise had major stress, that could cause weak genetics to herm.

If you have run these girls before with success, something has changed. Girls dont just go dude for no reason and its usually light related.

You checked for proper timer function too?
Your right, it has to be the genetics these fire og

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

if this is your third grow w that cut and the first time its happened its not the genetics. its environment.

what has been different from the other 2 times?

youngabe

youngabe

if this is your third grow w that cut and the first time its happened its not the genetics. its environment.

what has been different from the other 2 times?
That's the thing, I haven't did anything different. That's why I'm so puzzled.

Cort

Cort

You might not have done anything different, but something is going on. Something as stupid as a work light left on or timer malfunction has doomed many a farmer.

Go hang out in your room when the lights are supposed to come on, and again when they are to go off and see what happens. Opening the door 5 mins before lights on wont hurt them now.

Top Bottom