Need help w dwc plz

• Thread starter awesomeblossom
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
awesomeblossom

awesomeblossom

Yesterday I mixed new water and nutes . The ph was 5.8 and the ppm was 502.
Today my ph was 8.3 and ppm was 784.
I added lemon juice to bring ph back down.
Is it normal for ph to do this?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Nope.

A bit more info - is this new to you? What's your water source? Pic of setup? Plants in it? What nutes? Are you using a buffer?

Any and all info will help you get better answers.

awesomeblossom

awesomeblossom

Yes lol , very new.
I use advanced nutes , just a regular Lil dwc set up w pump and airstone. I have a grow light in it, not sure the wattage.
Plant is not doing well.
I transplanted from soil to dwc 1 week ago, changed water and nutes out yesterday

20230131 181333
awesomeblossom

awesomeblossom

Yes lol , very new.
I use advanced nutes , just a regular Lil dwc set up w pump and airstone. I have a grow light in it, not sure the wattage.
Plant is not doing well.
I transplanted from soil to dwc 1 week ago, changed water and nutes out yesterday
I made a Lil grow room Out of a big box, I glued mylar down on inside so it's reflective.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

This one is a little tough for me to advise you on, I'm at the other end of the spectrum spending way too much and controlling every little thing. I'll give you some generalities.

AN nutrients are kinda like a black box. You have to follow the directions and don't measure anything. It is really a terrible place to start for a new grower.
The light you have looks to be sufficient for seedlings, but I question if it has what it takes to make a plant flower and produce buds.

Your seedling is screaming that it is not happy. Are there roots touching the water? Can you give us a shot of what is underneath?

In your bog box, do you have room to grow a plant and hang a light?

Are you just trying things out with the intention to upgrade your systems when you get a little experience? What are your expectations?

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

" transplanted from soil to dwc 1 week ago

Yes lol , very new.
Plant is not doing well.

awesomeblossom

awesomeblossom

Yes I'm just seeing if I can actually succeed at this. I'm currently in a wheelchair and awaiting surgery. I needed something I could do to get my mind off things. So I figured what the heck , I'll try growing .
Yes if I can make this work I will definitely be trying to upgrade.
OK so the roots are not coming out of the bottom yet. I have to take it all out to show u.
So u say do not measure ph and ppm with advanced nutes. Just go with instructions even if ph is high or low.
Should I even keep trying w this plant or get new seed?
Thank u for help

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
Yes I'm just seeing if I can actually succeed at this. I'm currently in a wheelchair and awaiting surgery. I needed something I could do to get my mind off things. So I figured what the heck , I'll try growing .
OK so the roots are not coming out of the bottom yet. I have to take it all out to show u.
So u say do not measure ph and ppm with advanced nutes. Just go with instructions even if ph is high or low.
Thank u for help
Regarding AN, because it is a liquid nutrient you don’t have the same level of control you would using dry salts measured by weight. This is a tough route for new growers because it hinders you from really being able to “read” your plants. For example your leaves are too light green and you want to add more N. Well that can only be done by adding in part A which contains everything else and might cause other problems. I use AN though and like it. I recommend you literally half dose everything to start. I use sensi AB, Cal mag, Overdrive and Big Bud. Always pH.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Thank u for help
It's a fun hobby. Never tried to do it completely seated, but worth a try.

When you say take it all apart, that lid with the netpot in it should just come right off the top of the bucket, right? Is it possible to back up a bit and get an overview shot of what we are working with?

We should keep trying with this seed and figure out what is going wrong. After things are under control, starting over might be easier in the long run.

awesomeblossom

awesomeblossom

It's a fun hobby. Never tried to do it completely seated, but worth a try.

When you say take it all apart, that lid with the netpot in it should just come right off the top of the bucket, right? Is it possible to back up a bit and get an overview shot of what we are working with?

We should keep trying with this seed and figure out what is going wrong. After things are under control, starting over might be easier in the long run.

20230201 192313
20230201 192333
awesomeblossom

awesomeblossom

I just have it in that teat picture for now so I did not waist another of nutes on a 5 gallon bucket.
She is looking worse by the hr it seems.
I thought when I was getting AN that it would be easier for beginner's. I guess I read the advertisement wrong. Lol
Now I'm amuck w advanced nutes cause I spent a couple hundred on it. Have no choice but to figure it out.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Nope.

A bit more info - is this new to you? What's your water source? Pic of setup? Plants in it? What nutes? Are you using a buffer?

Any and all info will help you get better answers.
You must have this on a constant loop......

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Buffer??
Water source--well water
Nutes--advanced nutrients ph perfect,voodoo juice,superthrive
Set up-- dwc
Plants-- unknown
Yes this is my first time doing this, just trying g to have so.thing to do. I'm using a 300 wat led grow light. I have one In Soil it seems fine, but as u can see the dwc plant is suffering.
He he......I meant Moe asking for details all the time......it's all good, it's more human nature to get right to the question/issue at hand.

There's also so many abbreviations, acronyms, code words, lingo, brand names.....it becomes like talking in another language.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

3BFA796E 6E8E 48DD 8BA2 1D0A30979BF0

That’s the important part to be in focus looks like slime

I hate to say this but I’m thinking this is an opportunity to focus on that one in dirt rather than this hydro setup. This s a guess, better pics would help, but I’ll bet those roots are toast.

Starting over it might be easier to just do dirt if you want a second plant.

awesomeblossom

awesomeblossom

Hi
View attachment 1326002

That’s the important part to be in focus looks like slime

I hate to say this but I’m thinking this is an opportunity to focus on that one in dirt rather than this hydro setup. This s a guess, better pics would help, but I’ll bet those roots are toast.

Starting over it might be easier to just do dirt if you want a second plant.
Lol, ya starting to see it that way. I'll make it happen though. Learned a lot already, if I mess up a couple more plants I'll have learned a lot more. Lol
Thank you for taking the time

IMG 20230201 121840 01
20230131 181333
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Hi

Lol, ya starting to see it that way. I'll make it happen though. Learned a lot already, if I mess up a couple more plants I'll have learned a lot more. Lol
Thank you for taking the time
Fail and fail often......get really good at it. ;). Of course you don't want to constantly fail, but the more you get things wrong or they go wrong in the beginning, the more you know what not to do, make changes, improvements, etc.

When I started I ran bag seeds the first few times. Of course, 35 years ago weed came with seeds, even good weed. You don't want to make mistakes with $450 for 6 seeds stuff. Then again, don't buy them to begin with. ;)

Top Bottom